Reloop Mixon 8 - Ultimate STEMS Mapping

Yeah man.
Djay pro AI is incredible actually. What you can do with it. I now have a combo of Rane 4, and pioneer flx 10 with my Mixon 8 pro plus with the midi mapping I have the best of serato, recordbkx and Vdj all in one with djay pro AI. If they can sort the quality of stems now in next big update they will truly have something very special.

2 Likes

Wow, you’re an even bigger gear junkie than I am! :rofl: I currently have a Denon Prime 4, Reloop Mixon 8 Pro, Reloop Ready, Vestax VCI-400SE, Midi Fighter Spectra, Midi Fighter Twister and Midi Fighter 64.

I’m also hoping for a sound quality improvement for STEMS in the next major release.

1 Like

Ha ha . Well over the years I’ve had quite a lot prime 4, Traktor gear, pioneer cdjs and dim, but now I have a Mixon 8 that appears to take on several giants. Happy mixing. I mapped the filter to neural mix also which is pretty decent. :+1:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

VERSION 4.4 UPDATE: Added Pitch Cue & Bounce Loops Pad Modes

1. I recently discovered that the Mixon 8 Pro has 2 additional “Secret” Pad Modes by pressing the SHIFT+ HOT CUE and SHIFT+ LOOP ROLL Pad Modes.
  2. I added PITCH CUE to the SHIFT+ HOT CUE Pad Mode.
  3. I added BOUNCE LOOPS to the SHIFT+LOOP ROOL Pad Mode.
  4. The Pad Mode buttons light up in Purple to indicate you are in the Secret Mode.

Reloop Mixon 8 Pro SJ4.4(PitchCue).djayMidiMapping (354.7 KB)

1 Like

Hey man how did you get looper into the pads? I’d like to add them to secret banks 1 and 2.

@Dysfunk_DJ

1. To find the Looper MIDI commands select the Target and scroll down to Looper.
  2. Starting with the top left Performance Pad, set it to Track 1: Trigger Sample 1.
  3. Note that I used the left deck performance pads for the first 2 rows of the left side of the Looper and the right deck performance pads for the first 2 rows of the right side of the Looper.
  4. You will also need to manually set the LED colours for the pads to match the Looper colours.
  5. If you load my mapping, you can save yourself some time and check the Min and Max values that I used.

1 Like

Thank you. I know what you mean about led colours. I’ll take a look at yours :+1:

You’re welcome. Good luck!

Any hints on how to map looper volume?
Thx in advance

1 Like

@Djay_Fleg it should be pretty straight forward. I’m currently on vacation and don’t have access to my Mixon 8 right now so I’m going on memory here…

1. While in the MIDI Learn of djay, move an available knob or slider on the controller then,
  2. Set the Target to Looper and,
  3. Under Action set it to something like Looper Volume.

@Djay_Fleg if memory serves me correct, my mapping above already has the Looper Master Volume mapped to the Sampler Knob in the middle of the Mixon 8.

Many thanks for the hint!
Appreciated

No problem. You’re welcome @Djay_Fleg

Yes that’s right. I have both mapped to same knob.

1 Like

@Slak_Jaw hey man. On your instant effects layout you have instant effects for normal use and for stems. Can you get both?

@Dysfunk_DJ you have to manually edit them as needed. Currently there’s no way to MIDI map the Instant FX Selection.

Yeah I thought so. Your map image confused me as bottom row you have 2 options for each pad.

Thanks for midi mapping , gonna be buying Reloop 8 soon , I used to use rekordbox but I prefer using djay pro now especially after djay pro 5 update.

1 Like