Reloop Mixon 8pro - direct v through usb hub (issue)

Yes, I’ve been using chroma cables… very reliable.

1 Like

The USB C port on your EZQuest dongle is for power delivery(PD) only, not data. That’s why the mixon is charging your ipad, and not being recognised by djay.
Use that port to conmect your external charger. Meanwhile use a different cable (USB-B to USB-A) from mixon to dongle, using a regular USB port on dongle, and then djay will see mixon.

If you want a dongle that has USB-C PD+data pass-thru, try this. It works with the USB C cable for your situation.
Baseus 6in1 usb c dongle

3 Likes

Good point about the USB-C data transmission. It’s definitely less common on hubs, but I suspect that will change soon. I’m a big fan of Baseus USB hubs myself. High quality for sure.

2 Likes

So from this discussion - in order to hotswap ipads, it looks like I should be able to plug an ipad into the USB-B socket (using usb-c to usb-b or lighting to usb-b connector as appropriate) but it won’t charge?

But given that, using the camera adapter technique I would probably be able to charge that second Ipad from a power socket?

Is that correct?

2 Likes

@DJ_Dubious yes, I can confirm that connecting 2 iPads to the Mixon 8 in the following configurations works:

1. iPad with USB-C socket connected directly to the Mixon 8 USB-B socket with a USB-C to B cable. iPad does NOT charge.
  2. iPad with USB-C socket connected to a powered USB-C Hub then connected to Mixon 8 USB-B socket with a USB-A to B cable. With the hub also connected to power the iPad does charge.
  3. iPad with Lightning socket connected to Apple Camera Adapter then connected to Mixon 8 USB-B socket with a USB-A to B cable. With the Camera Adapter also connected to power the iPad does charge.
1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.