Reloop Ready MIDI and Video Output Issues

Hi,

I just got myself a Reloop Ready but seem to be having a few issues in my tests (using djay Pro for iPad)

1. Knobs being triggered for a split second without physically touching the knobs - So I noticed on the screen that a few of the controls, specifically the filter, and some of the EQ knobs get triggered for a split second, then go back. So for instance, the filter is at 0 (12 o’clock), then for a split second, it goes to, say, 10 o’clock, then goes back to 12 o’clock. Its really quick that the sound isnt affected, but once in a while, there is a bit of a squeak in the audio output. Did I get a bad Reloop Ready unit or is this kind of normal?

2. No audio output when connected to HDMI. - I am having some trouble setting this up. For some reason, when the full screen video output goes to the TV through HDMI, the audio on the Reloop Ready doesnt work. The deck is playing and can be controlled by the Reloop Ready, and the video is playing on the TV, but no sound. I checked the audio routing and its fine with Main Output going to Reloop Ready ch 1 and 2 and Pre-Cue going to Reloop Ready ch 3 and 4. But no audio for both Main and Pre-Cue. I tried changing the Main Output to “HDMI” and the TV played the audio from its speakers, but when I route the sound back to the controller ch 1 and 2, no audio.

EDIT: This workaround worked for me for Number 2: Compatibility between HDMI output and Reloop buddy audio output using iPadAir

Any pointers in the right direction to fix this would be awesome. Thanks!

@zzChris regarding #1:
A) I’m assuming you are using a USB hub of some sort to connect both the Reloop Ready and the HDMI cable. Have you tried connecting the Ready directly to the iPad without the hub?
B) If that doesn’t work, I would try a different USB cable.

Hi @zzChris,

Glad to see you back in the community!

So that I can better assist you could you please answer the following questions:

1. If you are using an iPad, what model iPad are you using?
  2. What version of iOS is running on your device?
  3. What version of djay are you using?
  4. Have these issues been occurring since the first moment you started using your new Reloop Ready?

Additionally, could you please please record a video capturing the first issue explained and attach it to your reply?

You can also upload your video file to a cloud storage service, like Google Drive, Dropbox, or OneDrive, and share a link to your video.

Thanks!

Hi @Slak_Jaw

Sorry for the late reply.

Yes, I was using a USB hub between the iPad Pro and the Reloop Ready. I just tried connecting the Reloop Ready directly to the iPad Pro using a UDG USB A to USB C cable. The UDG cable is a new cable as well. Previously, I was using the included Reloop USB A to USB B cable through a hub.

Same issue. Thanks.

1 Like

Hi @NathanielAlgo

Apologize for the late reply.

Here are the answers to your questions:

1. If you are using an iPad, what model iPad are you using?

CHRIS: iPad Pro 11 inch 3rd Generation. Model Number MHW73PP/A

1. What version of iOS is running on your device?

CHRIS: 16.4.1

1. What version of djay are you using?

CHRIS: 4.1.7

1. Have these issues been occurring since the first moment you started using your new Reloop Ready?

CHRIS: Yes

Additionally, could you please please record a video capturing the first issue explained and attach it to your reply?

CHRIS: Reloop Ready djay Video.mp4

Audio output on the video is not connected as it is fine. Only once in a while, there is a split second squeak in the audio when, for instance, the Filter, shows the issue.

As additional information:

1. When using the Reloop Ready with Serato DJ Pro, I don’t seem to see the same behavior.
  2. I used three USB cables:
    a) the original one that came with the Reloop Ready through a USB Hub with the Reloop Ready in PC mode,
    b) a USB C cable to the iPad directly with the Reloop Ready in PC mode,
    c) a USB C to USB B cable from the iPad Pro directly to the USB B plug on the Reloop Ready and the USB A output connected to a USB charger to power the Reloop Ready with the Reloop Ready on IOS mode. The video below is using method A above. But all three methods have the same issue.

Thanks for the help.