Remove a duplicate without removing all

Ive noticed that when i remove a song that has duplicates the other songs that are duplicates to that song will also be removed. i dont know if this is a bug but i really dont like it. Please change this so that i only remove the one i’ve selected to be removed.

Hi @Johan_Rosenberg, can you please try to capture a video of the issue, upload it to your Google Drive/Dropbox, enable sharing permissions, then share a link to the video here? Thanks!

Ok, now it seems like it doesnt remove both copies but not the one that i select but the other one, it’s wierd. Maybe i got the wrong idea before but its definitely something strange going on. https://drive.google.com/open?id=1-EAb_j4RQ11N3CVwX79ngYMeKWvN_w-1&usp=drive_fs

Hi @Johan_Rosenberg, as requested above, please enable sharing permissions on your uploaded video so I can access it. Thanks!

i have changed the permissions now.

Thanks for changing the permissions.

1. How exactly are you removing the songs? Are you pressing the Delete key on your keyboard?
  2. What is the source of your music (for example, MP3s stored on you internal drive, WAV stored on an external drive, TIDAL, Beatport, etc.)?

Please also provide more specifics about your setup:

Device Model (ex. 2020 iPad Air 4th Gen):
Version of operating system (ex. iOS 17.3.1):
Version of djay (ex. 5.1.3):

Thanks!

1 Like
  1. Im pressing the delete key on the keyboard.
  2. Mp3 on local drive

Device Model : MacBook Pro (13 inch, mid 2012)
Version of operating system : Mac OS 10.15.7
Version of djay : 5.1.7

Thanks for the additional details @Johan_Rosenberg. I’m unable to reproduce this issue on my system. I have forwarded this to the engineering team to see if they can reproduce the issue and offer any suggestions. I’ll report back here when I have news. Thanks!

Hi again @Johan_Rosenberg, the engineering team wasn’t able to reproduce this issue either. The only thing I can suggest is backing up your djaymedialibrary then uninstalling and reinstalling the latest version of djay.

I can comfirm it, I have duplicated songs too in my library.

I can add something regarding duplicates. When you add a track which was added before, even with a different naming - system picks up the hot cue markers from the original song often even, sometimes it does not. But, even then, when you realize that and delete it - the original song is being lost by the system. The file is still there, but the link in the app appears to be broken. It happened to me many times. If I’m too busy I just leave both files be and hope it gets fixed later, haha, so lazy I am

It could be a reaally cool feature, but making it probably would cost a lot of time\story points\whatever.

A tool to search for suspected duplicates by name or waveform. Then you can show them side by side with waveforms and file locations and ask something like (keep both? delete one of them, ignore etc.)
I like the idea so much. And here also would be a cool option to fix the links to missing files.

Thanks for the additional info @DJ-Z and @Akrilovy. I’ve passed this onto engineering.