Report a problem that I’ve just found after updated to iOS17

I have a question though. my headphone is a 3.5mm headphone, how can I connect it to 2 channels on the interface?

Also, I heard that interfaces like 4i4 can only add eq and fx to mic through software on computer, not possible on iPad or iPhone. I have a wired mic, and I wanna use fx like reverb and also adjust the eq. As far as I know, If I connect both iPad and computer to the interface, I can use all these fx and eq on the iPad while I’m DJing. But the problem is, it seems like the normal connector wire can only connect to computer, and the iPad has to connect to the interface through the 3.5mm headphone socket, with some sort of adapter. If the iPad connect to interface through the 3.5mm, will djay still detect the main output and the split output, like channel 1-2 and channel 3-4?

@Mister_X if you’re using something like the Scarlett 2i4, you connect it the the iPad via USB. You’ll need a 3.5mm to 6.5mm headphone adapter to connect your headphones to the front headphone socket on the 2i4. Then RCAs from the back of the 2i4 to your speakers. Djay will recognize the 2i4 as a multichannel audio interface so you’ll be able to set Channel 1-2 for the Master Output and Channel 2-3 for the Pre-Cueing (instead of using Split Output). You won’t need to connect to the 3.5mm socket on your dock anymore with this type of interface.

As for your microphone questions, I don’t use one in my setup anymore so I’m afraid I can’t provide much help in that department.

If you want to use a microphone as well in your setup, I think you might be better off getting a DJ controller with a built-in mic input instead of a USB audio interface like the Scarlett 2i4. This will make everything a whole lot simpler for you plus you’ll have dedicated hardware controls for DJing.

@Mister_X I carefully reviewed your screen shots in the earlier post, and indeed I think this is a bug related to iOS 17.

I see. Now I have a better understanding of all these
things. Thanq so so much, can’t express how grateful I am!

Well, I guess I’ll have to wait for updates to see if this bug can be fixed😂

@Mister_X well it looks like you are not alone at least. Another user is reporting a similar issue with djay constantly requesting the default MIDI configuration. So this is really looking like an iOS 17 issue.

@Mister_X you’re welcome! Happy to help.

iOS 17.0.1 is out maybe will solve that bug.

Hi @Mister_X,

Thank you for posting your recent experience with djay and iOS 17 in the community.

We apologize that you’ve been encountering what looks to be unexpected behavior from djay since the newest OS update.

I’ve passed this issue along to our engineering and QA teams for further review and will update this thread as soon as I have additional information to share.

Thanks, @Slak_Jaw, for the great feedback and screenshots.

Looking forward to finding a resolution for this soon!

I have updated my iphone to ios 17… And somehow i expected bugs… But so far so good… However there is one small bug… Not a big deal really but its annoying… My mixers [S7] midi settings keep going to default whenever i start my app… So i always have to laod my midi settings… All the time… Honestly Its starting to get to me :grinning::grinning::grinning:… Is anyone experiencing any bugs with other controller?

@PRO24DJS a user on this thread is reporting the same issue on iOS 17.

1 Like

Well, I have the similar prob.:joy:

1 Like

Yeah definitely to be a bug of iOS17

1 Like

Hi @PRO24DJS,

Thanks so much for sharing your recent feedback regarding djay and iOS 17.

We’re sorry to hear that you’ve been experiencing this issue; however, we are currently aware of this in another thread found here, which I will be merging your thread into for better community management.

Looking forward to finding a resolution for this!

Already updated, bug still exists😂

Finally! Thanq so much! I will keep follow up the latest updates🤝🏻

Hi, it’s been few days already, I just wanna know if there’s any thing that you can tell me so far, cuz this prob is quite a serious and tough one for me. I will dj at a party few days later, can you fix this fast? At least tell me what’s going on here, thanq!

Here is another bug that I just found from iOS 17. When I plug in my USB drives to my iPad, directly or via docking station, if I go to a folder with less files, like a folder with hundreds tracks, it’s normal, but if I go to a folder which has thousands of tracks or even reach ten thousand, some of my analyzed tracks will display a length of 0:00, and the key and BPM will disappear. Some will only shows 0:00 without losing key and BPM, and I can say that only a small range of the tracks are in the normal way with a normal track length and key & BPM information normally shown
Here’s a screen shot of this problem:

By the way, it seems like the “problem tracks” are random, if I try to plug in my USB drives for several times, I might see different tracks goes wrong, maybe next time when I try, these tracks from my screenshot will be normal and some other tracks become like this.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.