"Reset EQ, FX, Tempo" not working - iOS

Help- my EQ resets after loading a new song. I have “Reset EQ, FX, Tempo” turned off. It works for a while and then it reverts back to leveling the EQ. How do I correct?

If this is a known bug? Any ETA on the fix?

As fyi- I’m on iOS (iPad), using DJ Pro and a Numark Platinum FX.

Hi @NottaDJ, welcome to the community. Try closing djay, disconnecting your controller and performing a Forced Restart on your iPad.

I tried that and it didn’t work. :disappointed:

I also swapped out the Numark for my old Weego and the same thing happens. New song starts and the EQ resets. So it’s definitely the DJ software? :man_shrugging:t4:

@NottaDJ

1. Are you running the latest iOS version and latest djay Pro AI version on your iPad?
  2. Is this a recent issue or has it always been like this?
  3. Have you submitted a support ticket from within the Settings of the djay app?
  1. Are you running the latest iOS version and latest djay Pro AI version on your iPad? — Yes, I am.

2. Is this recent issue or has it always been like this? — I just upgraded to DJ Pro when I bought the Numark Platinum FX and it has been like this since I upgraded.

3. Have you submitted a support ticket from within the Settings of the Djay app? I have not. I will do that. Annoyed tho.

Thanks for the follow up @NottaDJ. Sorry, I can imagine how annoying this issue is. It sounds like unusual behavior for sure. I don’t have a Numark Platinum FX unit so I cannot test this out myself. I have shared this with the engineering team to see if they can replicate it though. Submitting an official support ticket will help us to troubleshoot your issue further. Thanks again!

Submitted the support ticket and… crickets. Maybe I missed it, but nothing. I just checked my spam folder and no response. I’ll follow up with them in 2 days if I haven’t heard back. Hoping it’s just busy times.

@NottaDJ, is it possible that you have the CrossfaderFX enabled? This might be the cause for changes in the EQ even of the “Reset EQ, FX, Tempo” is disabled.

Thanks for the suggestion. It wasn’t tho.:slightly_frowning_face: Hard to figure out. The Algoriddim help responded and said it’s supposed to reset every time, which is a weird answer. I asked what’s the intended purpose of the Reset EQ button then. Awaiting a response.

Okay, thanks for the feedback @NottaDJ

Thank you for continuing to ponder on this, know you are busy and it’s really on them now, so appreciate you sending an idea over.

1 Like

You’re welcome @NottaDJ

Hi @NottaDJ,

The “Reset EQ, FX, Tempo” setting doesn’t have an effect when Automix is enabled. When Automix is enabled, it will affect the EQ as well. Automix is meant to be used without mixing manually, therefore you will need to disable Automix if you want the Reset EQ, FX, Tempo setting to work as expected. I hope that helps.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.