Rev7 Tempo locks after Instant Double

• Device model iPhone 12pro max
  • Version of operating system iOS 16
  • Version of djay 5.1.2
  • Hardware/controllers used rev7

After I instant double a track. I can’t change the tempo on the new track. Have to move the pitch rapidly to get it working.

1 Like

Hi @Scott_Taniguchi, thanks for the details about your setup.

1. It sounds to me like you might be experiencing Soft Takeover with your Tempo Faders.
  2. This happens when the software moves the onscreen Tempo Faders (usually when using Sync or Instant Double).
  3. This results in your physical Tempo Faders not matching the onscreen Tempo Faders.
  4. To prevent any sudden changes in Tempo, you need to match your hardware Tempo Faders with the position of your onscreen Tempo Faders before you can adjust the tempo again.
  5. If you look closely, when you start to move your hardware fader, you will see a “Ghost” fader moving which indicates that you need to move it to match the current fader position (the stationary one).
  6. Please try this out and let me know if that solves you issue. Thanks!

No. The tempo doesn’t change, the hardware fader is temporary locked.
I do match the state of the fader before I instant double.
But after I instant double, I immediately want to be able to adjust speed with having to “unlock” the fader regardless if it’s in the same or slightly different position in the software.
This should be a very obvious work flow issue.

Okay, thanks for the addition info @Scott_Taniguchi. Can you please try to capture a video of the issue, upload it to your Google Drive/Dropbox, enable sharing permissions, then share a link to the video here? Thanks!

Hello! It’s been more than 7 days since my last reply. I’m going to consider this topic completed for now so I can focus on others. However, please feel free to respond and we can definitely revisit this. Thanks!