Rodecaster Pro II Fader Start

Version of operating system: macOS 14.6.1
Version of djay: 5.2.3
Hardware/controllers used: Rodecaster Pro II

I have a Rodecaster Pro II connected to the djPro software.

I am having problems getting fader start to work properly. djPro sees the Rodcaster for mapping and also sees that I open the fader, but I cannot select Play as the command. If I select button instead of fader I can select Play and then select fader again and this works, but only when I fully open the fader.

Is there any way to get Play to start when the fader is say 25% open?

Hi @brettradio, for Fader Start to work, your controller needs to send an extra MIDI note when the fader leaves the bottom edge. You can’t just map any fader to Fader Start.

You could do it with something like MIDI Translator Pro, but I suspect there might be cheaper alternatives.

Basically you want to convert incoming midi (CC in this case) to something else (notes) that goes into DJAY.

Edit: I just noticed MTP has a trail version so you can try it out for yourself. It’s a bit of an overkill, but an awesome app nonetheless.

1 Like

Thank you, I will give that a go.

Yes a bit annoying as it kind of works.

I have tried Virtual DJ and I can add MIDI commands into that software ok and the fader start works perfectly. I don’t like the software as much as djay Pro though.

1 Like