Samples not playing on the first pad press - FLX4

Device model Macbook Air M1 Sonoma 14.4.1:
Version of djay 5.2.1
Pioneer FLX-4

This have been bugging me for a while, but looks like nobody reported this yet. I encounter this all the time throughout last versions, including 5.2.1

When you just launch the app and try to hit hot pad in sampler to play a sample for the first time, nothing comes out, from the second push onward everything is just fine. I mean, what the heck? Am I the only one encountering this?

Hi @Akrilovy, thanks for the details about your setup and the issue.

1. Can you please confirm if you are using the Built-in MIDI Mapping for the FLX4 or a customized version?
  2. Are you using the latest firmware for the FLX4 from Pioneer?
  3. Does this only happen with the Sampler or also with other performance pad modes like Hot Cues as well?

Hi! I am using an edited version of the default flx4 mapping from previous versions. Presumably 5.0 time. I am not using the latest version of firmware, I checked the change log and it didn’t have anything important so I did not update to 1.05 from 1.04.
Also, When 5.2 came out, I got the notification, that new mapping is available, but I ignored it, so I still have all my custom made mapping intact. I usually go with “if it works - don’t touch it”
Indeed, I only encounter this in sampler and only for the first sample shot, all the other functions work properly. Hot cues, fx, etc.

Thanks for the additional information @Akrilovy. Can you please try switching to the Built-in MIDI Mapping and confirm if the issue persists? Thanks.

I switched to built-in mapping, restarted the application and I can confirm, that again samples are playing only after the second hot pad hit.

Thanks for confirming @Akrilovy. I don’t have access to the FLX4 to test myself so I need to pass this onto engineering. Can you please try to capture a video of the issue, upload it to your Google Drive/Dropbox, enable sharing permissions, then share a link to the video here? This will help to communicate things to the engineering team. Thanks!

Hi @Akrilovy, it’s been more than 9 days since my last reply. Were you able to capture a video of this issue that I can share with engineering? Thanks!

Let me try and make it in a next few days, sorry