Save Interface Settings / Direct Midi FX Command

Hi,

i am new user and have some Questions. I used Traktor for about 15 Years and now trying something new. Using Mac Pro M1

I have a Pioneer DDJ SZ which was mapped out of the Box. In the predefined Mapping i saw, that some effects are mapped to an button. But If i want to map an effect to a button, there is no choice which effect. I can only Chose if i want to have fx1-3 oder instant fax 1-8 - but i use other effct there. Is there no way to call an effect (example Echo+)with one button? I want to have Echo out in my shift+cue button.

Second Question: Is there a way to save interface Settings? Every Time i have to set it again, how many neural Mix Tracks i want to see.
Also i miss an Option, to disable Massage for Neural Mix is not available on Tidal.

1 Like

Hi @djsepp, thanks for reaching out. Can you please clarify what your question is?

My Posting wasnt finished but already released :wink: Now the complete Questions are there.

Hi @djsepp

1. Regarding the Echo Out FX Mapping: Currently there are no MIDI commands to select a specific FX so I recommend you either,
    a. Edit one of your Instant FX pads to Echo Out and never change it or,

b. Set one of your 3 Manual FX to to Echo Out and never change it either. This is what I personally do.
  2. Regarding interface settings: unfortunately, djay only recalls some user settings and some need to be adjusted every time.
  3. Regarding the Neural Mix not available on Tidal message, this cannot currently be disabled. However, a request has been made to change this.

Thank you for this. I have a 3rd Option. You can map the “Echo Transition FX” to a button. Then he will Echo out the song, and will stop the Song - so you dont need to reset the Echo out effect! :wink:

But in the Mapping for my Pioneer there is a direct call for some effect and it works realy fine - so maybe there a hidden commands?

This is the command taken from the xml file:

<dict>
			<key>keyPath</key>
			<string>turntable2.fxBounceLowPassEcho</string>
			<key>midiChannel</key>
			<integer>6</integer>
			<key>midiData</key>
			<integer>113</integer>
			<key>midiMessageType</key>
			<integer>1</integer>
		</dict>
		<dict>
			<key>keyPath</key>
			<string>turntable2.fxBounceHighPassEcho</string>
			<key>midiChannel</key>
			<integer>6</integer>
			<key>midiData</key>
			<integer>85</integer>
			<key>midiMessageType</key>
			<integer>1</integer>
		</dict>

You’re welcome @djsepp,

1. Ah yes, I was going to mention the Echo Transition FX as well, but forgot. Good catch!
  2. There are some hidden MIDI commands within the XML file that are not available within the MIDI Learn tool in djay.
  3. So, if you are comfortable editing XML’s, go ahead. Please note however, that Algoriddim does not provide any support or documentation for editing XML files so this is at your own risk.
  4. You’ll definitely want to make a backup before attempting any changes.

Do you know, if there is a collection of hidden commands? Editing of xml files is no Problem :ok_hand: Backup - of course.

Sorry, I do not know @djsepp

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.