scratch sound is distorted when master tempo or key lock is activated

as the title suggests, when master tempo or key lock is activated the sound of the scratches is distorted.
this happens above all when the scratch is slowed down (braking), the sound is not reactive and is not very clean. if I disable the master tempo then the scrath is linear and clean. i could encounter this exact same problem with rekordbox. while for serat and traktor the problem does not exist . does anyone know how to fix?

link video : djay pro algoriddim scratch sound is distorted when master tempo or key lock is activated - YouTube

i use macbook air m1 , djay pro version 4.1.5

Hi @Enzo_Spina,

Thank you for your post and for bringing this to our attention!

I’ve gone ahead and passed this information along to our QA Team for further review.

I will report back with their findings as they come in and we hope to get to the bottom of this sooner rather than later!

thank you , i really appreciate this .

@Jru I used timecode with turntables and phase essential .trying with 2 mixers: traktor z2 and pioneer djm s7. got the same result with both.

Hi @Enzo_Spina!

Apologies for the delay!

I am writing you with an update from our QA Team who kindly ask if you are able to share a screenshot of the calibration readout from within djay, as well as a clip showing the operation of your turntable configuration so we may further reproduce this issue for testing on our end.

Thank you in advance and we look forward to getting to this sorted out!

1 Like

hello I took a series of photos as requested, both of the setup and of the calibration. I also made a small video with the operation of the turntable.

in these photos the turntable setup with cables and essentia phase

scratch problem when braking with master tempo active here is a small video, towards the end the problem is quite evident.

maybe it can help further. I uploaded another video where you can see the same problem with a different setup. this time I used a record and cartridge by connecting the turntable to the PHONO input of the mixer. the connection is correct and everything works perfectly but when I activate the master tempo I find the same problem of the scratch when braking. I infer that the problem does not come from PHASE . :relieved:

hello @Jru , Is there any news on this by any chance? I didn’t know anything anymore. tnx

Can anyone please tell me if this is a bug or a problem I can fix?

Hi @Enzo_Spina,

I sincerely apologize for the delay in getting back to you regarding this issue. We are still actively investigating the matter and will provide you with an update as soon as possible!

Thank you for your patience with us as we work through this issue.

1 Like

thanks for the reply, i will wait