Scratching Issue with DDJ-1000SRT

This issue is restricted to the right platter, with cue points at the beginning of the track. The song randomly stops when I scratch and lift my hand intermittently.

It doesn’t happen with other cue points in the track, and it doesn’t happen at all on the left platter.

I recorded a video showing this issue: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V6JFFj0YtTA

Have you tried the same test on Serato?

It could be an issue in the DDJ firmware or hardware, where that particular jog manipulation pattern erroneously triggers the play/pause. Especially since it only happens on the right deck.

If you can reproduce on Serato, it must be a device issue. If not, then it’s an Algoriddim issue. :slight_smile:

I’ve tried to recreate it on Serato too, but it doesn’t do that. I’ll give it another shot this weekend and see.

I tested it with Serato. No issue, as I expected. See the video here: https://youtu.be/1MFcEBUiRao

Ok, hard blame the controller then… It is surely a Djay bug.

If no staff comes along here to help you out, I would open a support request.

Hi @thecovenantchild,

Thanks for bringing this to our attention, and thanks for sharing the informative videos of the issue and the troubleshooting steps you’ve taken as well!

I’ve sent all of this information to our Development Team for further investigation. I’ll keep you posted here as soon as I have any updates.

Thanks @Emily. Please let me know if you need any more information from me.

2 Likes

@Emily follow-up on this. I updated to v4.1.4 today. I’ve tried the right-side scratching with the start of the track, and so far there’s been no issue. I’ll keep testing with different tracks & jogwheel settings and let you know if anything changes.

Hi @thecovenantchild,

Thanks a lot for following up about this! I’m happy to hear that with the recent djay update, you haven’t experienced the same issue. But please do keep me posted in case anything comes up!

In addition, our Dev Team has been investigating this, and one item to confirm with you is that you’re running the latest firmware (1.05) on the DDJ-1000SRT, which you can find on Pioneer’s website. Could you please let me know about that as well?

@Emily yes, my DDJ-1000SRT is running firmware version 1.05

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.