Scratchy cue output at random occurences

Hey guys I want to thank you for the great product. However I have one (very important) issue that keeps arising. At random times, the headphone output for cueing is scratchy. The sound is quite similar to the “Crush” FX effect. The only way to make it go away is simply to wait, or choose a new song, which can prove to be very frusterating. This has occurred on both of my two different DJ setups, so it could either be a bug with your program, or my computer simply does not have the horsepower to output two outputs. However when checking activity monitor I only get ~20% CPU usage from your program. What could the issue be? Thanks.

My two setups:

DDJ-SX used as a Midi Controller with CUE coming from the headphone out and a Resonessence Labs Herus USB DAC as the main audio out

Renonessence Labs Herus USB DAC as the main audio out and the built in output of a MacBook Air as the cue

Machine Specs:

Macbook Air Mid-2011
4GB 1333 MHz DDR3 RAM
1.8 GHz Core i7
Mac OSX Mavericks 10.9.3

Selecting Drift correction worked for me. Thanks.

Thank you very much for your feedback and support.

This type of issue can occur whenever you combine multiple audio interfaces to use with djay. We recommend using just one multi-channel sound card for both master and pre-cueing output for best performance.

However, you can also try to avoid this issue by doing the following (after setting up the output devices in djay:

• open the “Audio MIDI Setup” app under Applications/Utilities
  • select “Show Audio Window” from the “Window” menu
  • click on “Aggregate Audio Device” on the left
  • on the right enable “Drift Correction” for the audio interface that is NOT selected as the main output in djay.