Screaching on Deck 1 when changing BPM or Key

When I play a song on Deck 1 and adjust either the BPM or Key, it makes a horrendous screeching noise. Doesnt happen on Deck 2 with the same song. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks

Hi there and welcome to the forum. This is the first time I hear of such a situation. Can you perhaps offer a little more insight as to what you are doing? Are you using a controller? Are you using Mac or Windows? etc .

Using a Macbook. No controller, although it still does it with a controller. Can i upload a video on here?

Click this link to see a video of my issue

Djay key and BPM issue

Wow have never seen this before. Perhaps this is something for the devs to look into. Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app?

Works great on Mac over here (still on 12.6.2 though). In addition to a re-install, maybe fiddling with the audio settings help? Does the same thing happen when you switch to another audio interface for example?

Do the developers come on here? Havent heard anything from them yet

Yes they do. They are very good at responding. Sometimes it may take a while but the guys are really great at responding

1 Like

Even when they come, they would need more info. Like the Djay and MacOS version and your Mac type.

Also, did you try the suggestions as it seems related to your particular setup…

1 Like

If I didn’t see the video, I would have never believed it!!
Hopefully that gets sorted for you ASAP…

Hi @deanzey,

Thanks for posting to the community for the first time! Sorry to see that you’ve run into this issue.

So that I can better assist you could you please answer the following questions:

1. What MacBook model/year are you using?
  2. What version of djay Pro AI were you using?
  3. What version of macOS is running on your device?
  4. What other tracks does this issue happen with?

Additionally, we just released djay Pro AI v4.1.1 in the Mac App Store. Would you mind downloading it and testing out this issue once more letting us know whether or not it will continue?

Looking forward to hearing back from you!

Damn had the exact same problem on my IPad the other night playing a live gig. I don’t remember if it was deck bound but that noise was exactly the same. I restarted the app and was able to continue without issues the rest of the night - super embarrassing of course. My first thought was that my faders on my controller somehow broke - but it was definitely Djay.

What Controller are you using and what model iPad?

It was on a Vestax 400 with an IPad Pro 2021 most recent update of Djay and iOS at the time - which is about a month ago.

1 Like

Different issue but just as shameful; played a gig tonight and the entire app just closed after playing for about 1,5 hours. Most recent update on Djay and iOS. Don’t think I did anything specific. At that point I didn’t even touch my iPad or controller. This hasn’t happened since I got a new iPad, did happen frequently before. Thought it was memory related back then. @algoriddim what’s going on? Is Djay ready to be used in a professional context, cause something like this can’t happen. Last gig the sound issue, this gig just full crash. What am I to expect next time?

Macbook Pro 13" 2020 model
Djay Version 4.1
macOS Ventura 13.1
Happens with all tracks

Have already downloaded 4.1.1 and its still doing it.

It does stop doing it once ive toggled the output device a few times.

Thanks

Hi @deanzey,

Our dev team has reached back out to us and would like to see if you’d be able to send us an audio recording of the issue in real time instead of a video after first updating to djay Pro AI v4.1.3.

Would this be possible?

Happily awaiting your reply!

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.