Search My files (music) on ipad

Hello friends, How do you search music files on I pad for your external hard drive. I found it in Mac book air not on I pad.

@DJ_Faisal if you’re referring to searching within the Files app, this is currently not possible. Your best option is to add your music to your device via iTunes/Music. Here’s the existing thread discussing this topic.

The search feature is a must. I don’t understand how they can ignore this.

There is a search feature. When you hit “Tap to load” you’ll see a little magnifying glass symbol at the top right of the screen.

At the same time, at the top left of the screen you’ll see a little “musical note” symbol (indicating that’s what it’s currently set to search). Next to the musical note you’ll see a “down arrow” which expands a menu, from which you can enable sources to search. If you press “Edit” you can add Music, My Collection, Tidal, Soundcloud, Beatport, Beatsource, Videos or “Files” to the menu of choices to search from.

I haven’t tried with an external ssd attached so can’t confirm if activating the “Files” option would enable you to search one or not (but it’s worth a try). If not, you’ll have to add the music files on to the iPad. You can do this using iTunes, or get the iMazing app which gives you much greater control over transferring media between Apple devices.

1 Like

@Tony_Jey thanks for the suggestion, but if you actually try this with the Files source you will see there is no magnifying glass for searching here.

1 Like

Ah ok, was just an idea, thanks for checking for the possibility anyway

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.