I am new to DJ PRO. By no means will I DJ professionally. I am disabled and just want to have fun creating setlist for family / friends
I am having difficulty with:
- Creating playlist or cueing a playlist
- Can not seem to match BPM when cross fading
- Next song that plays on deck 2 is 3x faster
Sorry the manual does not go over this and the on line videos on you tube are much too fast for me
I am new to dj pro using Mac and iPad Pro, only use iTunes . I do not plan to DJ professionally since i am disabled.
I enjoy music and making playlist for family. I am a BEGINNER. I am having diffucilty with:
- Creating cueing a new playlist
- fade crossing from one song to next, the song starting on deck 2 is 3x faster and BPM not sync
- The on line you tube tutorials are much too fast for me
- the manual doe not address creating playlist setting using auto mix with matching BPM and song speed
Thank u so much, Greg
Welcome to the Algoriddim Community! We’re glad to have you here and it’s great to hear you’re getting started with djay.
So that we can best assist you, could you please tell us the following:
- What device are you currently using?
- Which OS version is running on your device?
- Which djay version are you using? (please open the djay settings and scroll down to determine the version number.)
Thanks in advance!
If you create a playlist in iTunes (music) on your iPad, then that should link through to DJ Pro.
Just wanted to share a couple of ideas here that may be helpful. We just recently released an update to djay Pro AI on iOS (3.8.10) that includes new DJ School videos, with DJ Angelo and DJ HAPA. You can access these directly in the djay app, and hopefully going through the video series will provide you with a lot of useful information for creating playlists, using the crossfader and syncing features in djay, and using Automix.
You can also find helpful videos on our YouTube Algoriddim Support channel, such as this Automix video:
You mentioned the tutorials played too fast on YouTube, and one thing you could do to slow things down is to change the playback settings on the YouTube video itself. This will allow you to play the video at a reduced speed if this is helpful for you.
Have a great day!
Thanks, Emily. You have been so helpful.
I am having one issue, when using AUTOMIX, the song on the second deck does
not start from the beginning. it starts like 15 seconds into the second
You can change the start points and end points of songs in the Automix settings if the default transition points aren’t fitting your needs. Open the Automix settings, and toggle off “Automatic” for the Start Point and End Point to change it to your desired number of seconds. You can also change the setting for “Use start/end cue points if set” if desired. You’ll find a quick walk through of these settings shown in the YouTube video referenced above at time 1:31.
Hope that helps! Have a good one.