Should I go for Pionneer's djj 800?

So, after seeing with my own eyes how Algoriddim’s djay works on apple’s m1, I decided to leave behind my 4 year relationship with rekordbox!
I already exchanged my 2014 mbp for a new mbp m1. Now I 'm in the market for a new controller and I got my eyes on the astonishing ddj 800 and I am already in the waiting list from Pioneer (because of shortage in stock and worldwide problems with chips).
Should I go that way? Will it be the perfect match? Or should I cancel the order and look for another controller that corresponds with the Djay Pro better?
What is your opinion and experience?

I had the ddj 800 and sold it for the use with djay pro ai, the layout of the mixon 4 suits much better imo, for example you could midi-map all the neural mix features to channel 3/4. Also, pre-cueing does not wirk with the controler, you have to use the headphone jack of the mba

That’s not true… It works. You require the DDJ-800 driver and to set it up on the djay device settings.

@D-mosh, the only thing that is not supported on the DDJ-800 are the jog wheel displays, the Color FXs except filter, and the Beat FXs.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Cheers, G

2 Likes

Hi @Guillermo! Still looking for my next controller!
Is there a chance we get those things to work in the future or are they just factory locked?
Is mapping of the non-working stuff available to do something else or we are left with some useless buttons(!) ??
thanks!

These buttons/knobs are not MIDI, this is why djay cannot react to these.
Please note I’m not allowed to talk about future plans. However, I’ll pass your feedback along to our development team for future consideration. Our team is continuously improving the app, so your insights are very helpful in ensuring future developments are aligned with the wishes of the djay community. I’ll keep you posted with any updates.

Oh I see! Nice to know.
Thank you very much for your quick reply. I’m glad I found a dj platform with great support.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.