Skip Silence from audio track

Hi to all, is there a way to skip silence in automix ?
Thank you in advance for the help.

Hi @Vasco_Martins,

There isn’t a specific setting in Automix in djay Pro AI for Mac for skipping silence in songs.

That said, you could potentially use the Automix settings available in djay to control for this. For example, you could set the start points or end points of songs for a certain number of seconds if you have a playlist with songs that you know all have silence at the beginning or end of the song.

Another option might be to set start and end points for your songs, and then use the option to “Use start and end point of song if available” in Automix’s settings. See screenshot below for where to find these settings:

I hope this information is helpful. Feel free to reach out with any other questions!

Hi @Emily , thank you for the reply, I already use these features and I try to keep my lib organised so when I have a track that has too much silence at the end I edit it manually and load it again into my library.
With that said, this is a feature that should be standard in any DJ app that auto mixes, specially doing such a good job as DJay does.

Thanks for your additional feedback! I’ve sent this request to our Development Team for future consideration in app developments. We’ll keep this thread updated with any news.

Thanks again for bringing this to our attention. Wishing you a wonderful week ahead! :notes:

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.