DJ Pro v2
Model Name: MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2015)
Model Identifier: MacBookPro11,5
Processor Name: Intel Core i7
Processor Speed: 2.8 GHz
Memory: 16 GB
Used only in one particular venue where my use case of DJ Pro v2 is working with mostly mp4 music video, some mp3 with video clips/loops, and/or frequently use Spotify with video clips/loops.
Issues at first live use 12/21/2018 through 12/25/2018:
While using the new single player auto-mix, video screen goes black. Have to stop automix, and manually load next file to the inactive deck to get video back. Usually doesn’t last long each time. Tried using auto-mix without the new single player mode to no avail. Same issues…
New Playlist features:
Tried to build a playlist on the fly during live play, using split view and drag & drop from Itunes library and also tried dropping from finder. Caused the “apple spinning wheel” /lock up leaving me unable to click anything, and all midi functions non-responsive from the controller. The active playing deck(s) &/or automix continues to play when this happens. Had to force quit, & restart, each time.
Not sure if this is intended, or is an issue, but became inefficient for my use… while in auto-mix it was not possible to be in “current playlist” and switch between playlist as needed. The feature seems to be driven by the first song loaded at the time automix is started and not the current song playing. Had to stop automix manually, load from the new playlist to an inactive deck, then re-start automix under the “current playlist” option once the newly loaded deck started.
During live play on all four first nights had to switch back to Dj Pro v1 after first hour. On 12/31 I did the V2 updates & tried it again on New Years Eve hoping some of the issues were fixed. Loaded first song in a deck, set up an automix list (not single player mode), and began play. Upon fade from first deck to next went silent. Deck two was loaded, but file not responding (no video or audio). However controls (both software & controller were responding). Quickly turned off automix, manually loaded a different file into the deck, still no response. Loaded same file in Deck 1 and worked fine. As it was NYE, I immediately failed over to Dj Pro v1.
I am ONLY frustrated, for now, that the issues took place during live play and I didn’t see them coming from any pre-testing I did. I have v1 so I can afford a little more patience than others, but obviously do expect to see some things fixed fairly quickly.
NOTE: while using my controller which has native midi support, I did not experience any issues with pre-cuing as reported by many others. Also, since I’ve had to fail back to v1, there were many features I haven’t even been able to dive into yet. Will try to dive in and test more with the limited time I have outside of live play.