So frustrated with djay Pro 2

Hi Daniel,

I am very sorry to hear that.
Could you give us further informations, is your system still not working?

Sorry for the inconvenience.

If you have any questions or suggestions, or if you would like further information, please don’t hesitate to contact us.

Hi Zack,

I am sorry to hear that. You can find the photo visualisation by clicking the photo icon underneath one of the video decks.

The library filters can be selected clicking the drop down icon( see orange icon below):

What else are you missing?

Cheers.

Hi there,

I am sorry to hear that.

Could you give us further information on your experiences with our later updates and djay Pro 2?
Please write us a mail via support@algoriddim.com, we need your feedback.

If you have any questions or suggestions, or if you would like further information, please don’t hesitate to contact us. 

Cheers,Lukas E.

Hi DJTechnoGeezer,

I am sorry to hear that.

Please contact us right away if the BPM changes are reoccurring, that would help us a lot.

Hi Martin,

I am sorry to hear that. Can you please share your Automix settings with us and also, which Automix settings you would like to have?

Hi Ben,

In order to get this problem fixed, we need to know, what exactly is causing the crash. Therefore we kindly ask for your help: Can you send us the Crash Report? You can find it here:

1. Open “Console” app
  2. Go to “User Reports”
  3. Select the latest djay Pro “.crash” file and attach it to this mail

With this crash report we can escalate the issue to our developers to take a look at.

We’re very sorry for the inconvenience.

You will get pretty much zero response any time soon

Hi guys, my question is also about the automix function, that works in a way, that do not fit to my requirements. I think I have special ones, because I’m in a very special corner of Djaying, working as a (non professional) Tango DJ. The automix option in the older version matches my needs very well, because I was able, to put a small playlist from itunes (4 tracks) into my playlist, than an track that is called 'cortina (a track, which is NOT tango) and another 4 different tangos from anothers short list, to create an automix playlist in front, which is playing constantly. As an audiointerface I use Traktor Audio 6 and only playlists from the the itunes library. The simple option for the automix is not longer implemented or I dont understand, how to work the new way. I would be very glad, if anyone can offer me a new way, that matches my needs in thedjay pro 2 version!

DJ Pro v2
Pioneer Ergo-v
Model Name: MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2015)
Model Identifier: MacBookPro11,5
Processor Name: Intel Core i7
Processor Speed: 2.8 GHz
Memory: 16 GB

Used only in one particular venue where my use case of DJ Pro v2 is working with mostly mp4 music video, some mp3 with video clips/loops, and/or frequently use Spotify with video clips/loops.

Issues at first live use 12/21/2018 through 12/25/2018:
While using the new single player auto-mix, video screen goes black. Have to stop automix, and manually load next file to the inactive deck to get video back. Usually doesn’t last long each time. Tried using auto-mix without the new single player mode to no avail. Same issues…

New Playlist features:
Tried to build a playlist on the fly during live play, using split view and drag & drop from Itunes library and also tried dropping from finder. Caused the “apple spinning wheel” /lock up leaving me unable to click anything, and all midi functions non-responsive from the controller. The active playing deck(s) &/or automix continues to play when this happens. Had to force quit, & restart, each time.

Not sure if this is intended, or is an issue, but became inefficient for my use… while in auto-mix it was not possible to be in “current playlist” and switch between playlist as needed. The feature seems to be driven by the first song loaded at the time automix is started and not the current song playing. Had to stop automix manually, load from the new playlist to an inactive deck, then re-start automix under the “current playlist” option once the newly loaded deck started.

During live play on all four first nights had to switch back to Dj Pro v1 after first hour. On 12/31 I did the V2 updates & tried it again on New Years Eve hoping some of the issues were fixed. Loaded first song in a deck, set up an automix list (not single player mode), and began play. Upon fade from first deck to next went silent. Deck two was loaded, but file not responding (no video or audio). However controls (both software & controller were responding). Quickly turned off automix, manually loaded a different file into the deck, still no response. Loaded same file in Deck 1 and worked fine. As it was NYE, I immediately failed over to Dj Pro v1.

I am ONLY frustrated, for now, that the issues took place during live play and I didn’t see them coming from any pre-testing I did. I have v1 so I can afford a little more patience than others, but obviously do expect to see some things fixed fairly quickly.

NOTE: while using my controller which has native midi support, I did not experience any issues with pre-cuing as reported by many others. Also, since I’ve had to fail back to v1, there were many features I haven’t even been able to dive into yet. Will try to dive in and test more with the limited time I have outside of live play.

Quick update here - still using v1 since I can still reproduce the previous behaviors I reported with further testing outside live performances. However, here is something I found peculiar, and post worthy as a follow up, to part of what I previously reported. In all my time using v1 I can count on one hand the number of times I ever opened or tried using the “Match” feature while running off my Itunes libarary. Last week while at a show I turned it on just to see what I could get out of it, and this was while automix was turned on. Low and behold, the issue I reported previously in v2 where video screen turns black (upon first mix) happened as well in v1 while using the “Match” feature. I clicked to turn off “Match” & video immediately returned to normal. Next day, I decided to compare with automix in v2 and found when the screen went black, turning off automix returned the active deck’s video to normal again. But, if I turned automix back on the video will go black again in the next mix. What’s notable for me is that the “match” features queue in v1 and the new automix queue in v2 look and act almost exactly the same which leads one to believe that v2 automix & v1 match features were simply consolidated replacing v1’s match module, and still using most of the same code. In a nutshell, this problem has existed in v1 all along & is still an issue in v2. Surprised not to see it reported anywhere in V1 in the past… @Algoriddim, please take my posts here as constructive feedback. Not as a complaint.

Where do we go to get a refund for this? I can’t believe I paid 40 bucks for this!
-The app has no icon downloaded,
-Headphones pre cueing DOES NOT WORK
-Pictures aren’t loading on my song files

Plus many more issues stated above.

It’s been nothing but upset (and rightfully so) customers since the Day Pro 2 launch. I was wary of purchasing especially seeing as Djay Pro had so many revisions and unresolved complaints. Hopefully Algoriddim steps up and fixes the many issues present with Pro 2. However, based on their lack of response with Djay Pro, I wouldn’t expect anything to happen in an efficient and expedient manner.

Since release day of DJay Pro 2 we have been writing on Facebook messenger through their Facebook page but getting no responses. I’ve even had other staff members wrote in case they just don’t like me.

Here’s my questions:
We use the SYNC button for live entry when overlaying. Our upcoming tour is made up of all long 2 minute overlays so we bring the new song in full volume in rhythm to mask it inside the current song playing

Here’s the problem:
In DJay Pro 2 this feature stopped working.

We used to click once for BPM match… then the second click started the song in rhythm

Now in 2.0.3 we just keep clicking and other than bpm matching nothing happens.

Is there a button we need to click to turn this back on? If not we’ll have to tour with DJay Pro (1.4.6?)

I think windows and mac version are different? In windows version, pre cueing is not possible using an external usb sound card. Algoriddim says they are working on a solution (issuses with drivers), but we’re waiting for more than 8 months without any news…

Cant believe what you guys writing here. I had a few gigs (every gig 5 hours in a row) with DJPRO 2 and i have no problems with it and everything is working.

Good luck.

I’m VERY angry because yesterday night during the new year’s eve party, djay pro 2 (for mac book pro) freezed just after 2 songs! I was working as a dj but I couldn’t continue my set because I couldn’t open the app anymore. It’s not possible to buy something doesn’t work. I want the refund, I work with this app and it’s unbelievable what happened to me. Previous version (djay pro) was good!

Absolutely angry, you release a product that is a failure, frozen, I could not play the gig at all last night as it wouldn’t load, up so in end had to use the trusted iTunes which wasn’t ideal but at least it’s reliable and free! I don’t want any excuses I just want my money back

:: Details of what I’m using ::
MacBook Pro (13-inch, 2017, Four Thunderbolt 3 Ports)
3.1 GHz Intel Core i5
8 GB 2133 MHz LPDDR3
Intel Iris Plus Graphics 650 1536 MB

:: Problem ::
About 30 mins into the set the mouse was jumping and the track were jumping, and then it stopped and that was it game over. rebooted the system tried again the same thing happened. so then used iTunes and it was fine.

::Solution::
Fix it, and money back please

::Attached image of device used::

Help! I bought Djay Pro 2 and updated the app but I am not seeing nearly any of the features that were presented in the Youtube video this past December…

i.e. photo visualization, library (filter) updates, and visually not nearly as detailed. What is going on?!

I have just started using Djay Pro 2 on a mid 2012, i7, 16GB MacBook Pro with an SSD for the operating system and a separate HDD inbuilt for the music collection. All my music files in iTunes are AIFF format and I have around 40,000 songs and 100 smart playlists. I control the software with a Pioneer DDJ-RB controller and so far after 2 gigs I’ve had one freeze-up that lasted maybe one minute or and just managed to start the next song before the current song playing finished. It has me worried it could happen again. I’m not 100% sure at the time what I was doing on the software when it happened but I think I may have been searching through my iTunes playlists. I’ve also had to move all knobs/platters/faders in there full adjustment after I connected it to the software before my second gig, as there was some lag in midi communication on my first gig when I first started but seems to be fine now. I really hope these problems are soon fixed, it’s a really clean/well set out Dj Software. My only gripe is the waveforms could be brighter or have more colour depth, it feels like they are hilighted and look faded. I’ve come from using Serato Dj and Rekordbox Dj as of late through a vast range of Pioneer gear.

Sabine, I too am a tango dj and just purchased djay pro 2 and I can’t even get the automix function to play continuously. I reported the problem to the App store and they told me that they’ve determined my problem doesn’t warrant a refund. Very frustrated.