Songs Randomly Jump and Waveforms Disappear

Hi everyone. This is my first post as I just recently just got into djing. I have been experiencing an issue while in the middle of Dj sets and wanted to see if anyone else has experienced this before or have suggestions on what may be the cause.

In the middle of my set, the song that is playing to the crowd will randomly jump back to a random part of the song while it’s playing. After it does that, the Waveforms also disappear and is no longer visible and it’s hard to tell where I’m at in the song. I do use my beat loops a lot so I don’t know if that may be the root cause of why it’s acting this way. I use the beat pads on my DDJ-400 to set my beat loops.

The equipment I’m currently using is as follows:
iPad Pro 12.9 (M1) - Currently on the latest updated software 16.1.1
DDJ-400 Controller
I have a usb cord running straight from the IPad to the DDJ-400 controller, with no adapter. I was using an adapter for the usb cord at first and thought maybe this was causing the issue, but I just got rid of the adapter and now using my new usb cord and it’s still doing the same.

Hi @WillDill,

Thanks for posting to the community for the first time!

That is a very strange issue indeed. Sorry to hear that you are dealing with this.

So that I can better assist you could you please answer the following questions:

1. What version of djay are you using?
  2. Can you think of any actions you might run through during a set in which you feel triggers these problems?
  3. Is this issue easily reproducible and if so would you be able to share a video of said issue with us in your next reply?

Looking forward to hearing back from you. Have a nice day!

I would check thoroughly your saved loops and make sure they aren’t the culprit…

Hi Nathaniel. Thank you for your quick response. I’m currently using 4.0.13 version of djay. The only thing that I can think of that may be triggering it is when I use the beat loops. I use beat loops a lot during my sets. But the problem happens after I take off the beat loops to begin playing the song and not while the beat loop is active. While the song is playing, that is when it randomly jumps back to a random part of the song. I use my beat pads to set my beat loops as it is more convenient.

I’m not sure how easy it would be to reproduce it because it just randomly happens. So It may have me recording for a long time in order to see if or when it would happen.

Thank you for the info! I currently don’t have any saved loops but I appreciate the suggestion though. Much appreciated.

What’s your source material? MP3 on a drive / card? Streams? Does it only happen with certain tracks?

Good Morning. I normally use streams through TIDAL and believe it does not happen with certain tracks. It just randomly happens on any track.

Hi @WillDill,

Thank you for the reply and for waiting while I gathered additional information to share with you.

Over the last few weeks we were made aware of a similar Tidal issue which has since been fixed in one of the latest updates to djay for iOS.

Would you mind updating djay (if you have not already done so) to v4.1.3 and letting us know whether or not this issue is continuing to occur for you?

Enjoy your holiday!

Thank you for your reply. I will try to test it out today and see if the issue has been resolved.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.