Sort Hot Cues in Chronological Order

An option to keep cues in chronological order would be much appreciated! Currently if you want to go back and add a hot cue thats in between two that are already set, you have to delete and re-add. It would be a huge time saver to just click a hot cue and have the existing hot cue slide over to the next chronological bank, especially when gridding hundreds of songs in a single sitting.

thanks in advance.

1 Like

It would be great to add a button next to the pencil in cue tools for consolidating the cue points starting from Cue 1

3 Likes

This is a very good idea. I agree this would be really helpful, you have my vote.
We thank you guys for sharing your ideas about this here. It would be great if other Community users could vote/comment on this Suggestion too :ballot_box:

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

NOTE: Please use the search function above before posting to avoid creating duplicate topics.

I searched

• Device model (e.g. 2020 iPad Air 4th Gen): MBP 2013
  • Version of operating system (e.g. macOS 14.4.1): Sonoma
  • Version of djay (e.g. 5.1.2): 5.1.2
  • Hardware/controllers used (e.g. Reloop Mixon 8 Pro): FLX10

Your question:

Can hot cues be sorted chronologically? Just like Serato

Hi @Mufasa, this is currently not possible with djay. However, I have merged your new topic with this existing suggestion. Please cast your vote at the top left of this page. Additionally, I have brought this up again for consideration with the dev team. Thanks!

Hi

Are you able to edit the title to “ Sort hot cues in chronological order “

It would be easier to find and vote

Yeah no problem @Mufasa. Done

1 Like

how about the ability to drag and drop cue points to change their order? is it doable? Maybe somebody else would find this helpful as well.

Thanks for the additional idea @Akrilovy. I’ve forwarded this to the devs as well.

Please introduce ‘Cue Points in Chronological Order’

As DJay currently is, the order that you set the cue point in the song, is the order that it stores the cue point to the pads regardless of where in the track it’s placed. This undesirable because if you first assign a cue point in the middle of the track and it gets stored to first cue pad, and you then set a cue point at beginning of the track, it then get assigned to second cue pad. This can get very confusing.

I just moved over from Serato DJ Pro for DJays fluid beat grid (absolutely genius btw) and it has the option to turn ‘Chronological Cue Points’ on and off and really miss that. Please make it so in DJay. Please!

3 Likes

Hi @DJRedwood, welcome to the community. Thanks for the suggestion. Please use the blue Vote button at the top left of this page so we can gauge user demand for adding this feature. In the meantime, I have forwarded this to the dev team for further consideration.

1 Like

Thanks Slak_Jaw,

Guys, please vote for this even if you haven’t experienced this luxury before in Serato or any other DJ software, it will benefit you if it gets introduced in DJay.

1 Like

Can algoriddim please add chronological cue points and to be able to lock cue points when performing. I’m a serato user and these little things make a big difference. Also can we get an option to turn off soft take over.

Hi @DreMisfit,

Thanks so much for sharing this feature request with us.

We’ve gone ahead and passed it along to our engineering team for further review and will update this thread should new information arrive.

Have a great day!

NOTE: Please use the search function above before posting to avoid creating duplicate topics.
Can we get the option to have chronological cue points in djay pro? It seems like a small thing but it really makes life easier. I saw that this feature has been requested in the past but those topics have been closed now.

Hi @LogisticalStyles, please use search before creating new topics. This has been suggested several times already. I have just merged all of those topics together into one including this one. Please cast your vote for this feature at the top left of this page.

In the future, you can also DM me to open topics that have automatically closed due to inactivity instead of creating new topics. This helps to keep the votes, discussion and topic tracking organized. Thanks!

This is an absolute must-add!

1 Like