Sound effects routing to other dj software

NOTE: Please use the search function above before posting to avoid creating duplicate topics.

• Device model 2020 iPad pro 12.9 4th Gen)
  • Version of operating system (macOS 14.4.1)
  • Version of djay 5.1.2):
  • Hardware/controllers used Mixer Allen & heath - xone 96*:

Your question:

Hey guys, I’m new to djay I have a rookie question. Is it possible to route djay ai sound effects to other dj software? For instance, like Ableton live with Traktor pro using link function in both softwares etc … in this case, djay ai with Traktor pro 3 or 4 ? Thank you in advance for your answers.

On a Mac, no problem. You need a loopback app like Blackhole or something from Rogue Amoeba.

You can also do it with an iPad. IDAM (Apples default way to connect the iPad to a Mac) should work or a fancy device like the AUDIO4c (AUDIO4c - audio interface for streaming, performance, and recording — iConnectivity). That thing is a multi-channel audio output (or input for that matter) that also allows you direct connection to the Mac (or a PC I guess).

Edit: this routes all audio though. I don’t think DJAY lets you route only fx out.

2 Likes

Thanks for the prompt reply ! I’ll try all of the above ! Thanks I’ll let you know how it goes. Hopefully in the future they allow to route the effects alone. But playing now at least 1 djay AI audio (track) and be able to use djay effects in one of the mixer channels along with the other 3 channel on Traktor will be fun. Thanks again !

Ableton Link only syncs tempo. It doesn’t send or receive audio.