Sound Lags running djay pro 2 on macbook pro

Hi guys,

maybe one of you guys know something helpful. The support guys are not reacting for round about 2 weeks :frowning:

So here is my problem (posted in the apple community too):

Since a few months I’m facing problems with my macbook pro an djay pro. My issue is, running djay pro (with or without DJ Controller) the sound lags (mostly a few milliseconds up to 1s) when scrolling through the playlists or songlist. This happens with Djay pro 1 and djay pro2. I recognized that issue by upgrading to mojave. The support of algoriddim doesn’t have a helping solution (since round about 5 Months) aswell… The sound lags too, if djay pro is playing and I am scrolling for example in safari and so on. This doesn’t matter if the song is an mp3 on the SSD or comming from Sportify/apple music or NAS in my LAN.

So I am still investigating this issue, but this is the first time I really have no clue what the problem is…

What I did without any solution:

• macbook integrated HW Check (pressing “D” on startup) => no issues or errors
  • Upgraded the drivers and Firmware of my DJ Controller
  • used different software versions of djay pro 2 (2.0.4, 2.0.8, 2.0.10 => latest version)
  • deactivated spotlight
  • installed macOS el Capitain, High Sierra and Mojave naked, without any drivers or apps any other than the OS delivered ones and djay pro 1 and 2
  • running the app (2.0.8) testwise on my sisters macbook running mojave => djay pro 2 was running without any lags and rock stable…
  • reset of NVRAM, PRAM and SMC

MacBook pro is

Modelname: MacBook Pro
Model-ID: MacBookPro12,1
CPUType: Intel Core i5
Clockspeed: 2,9 GHz
CPUs: 1
CPU Cores: 2
L2-Cache (core): 256 KB
L3-Cache: 3 MB
RAM: 16 GB
Boot-ROM-Version: 180.0.0.0.0
SMC-Version (System): 2.28f7

Do you have any ideas what to check or what to configure or set?

Thanks a lot guys and regards
JD

PS.: I never thought, that I would say these words… Djay pro 1 runs fine on my Windows 10 Laptop … no words…

I’m having the same issues when using djay pro and djay pro 2. Using MacBook Pro 2018 15" 2.9 GHz, i9, 6 core CPU, 16 GB RAM, 1T SSD.
issues usually start happening after 20-30 min of use. If using Reloop Mixon 4, Problems are worse. Oddly I don’t have the same issues using an iPad… But who uses an iPad on a professional event. (I guess I do…now) Last 4 events, I have my iPad ready as a back up and had to use it each time…
Never happened on my MacBook Pro 08 with 1st VR of Djay… What’s the deal?