soundcloud go+ songs greyed out and unplayable

NOTE: Please use the search function above before posting to avoid creating duplicate topics.

• Device model (e.g. 2020 iPad Air 4th Gen): Lenovo IdeaPad Slim 3 Chromebook
  • Version of operating system (e.g. macOS 14.4.1): google OS Version 129.0.6668.74 (Official Build) beta
  • Version of djay (e.g. 5.1.2): 5.2.4
  • Hardware/controllers used (e.g. Reloop Mixon 8 Pro): n/a

Summary of the issue:
songs that require soundcloud go+ are greyed out in playlists and unsearchable. when i click on them it gives the error message “the track cannot be played because it is unavailable.” I have soundcloud next pro and the songs play just fine on soundcloud, I’ve even played them before on djay which is why i noticed the issue because in my history where I’ve played them before they show up as greyed out and unplayable.

I’m not sure why they are unplayable because I can log into my soundcloud account just fine and I have the required membership, I’ve even played these songs before using djay hence them being in my history and now I can’t.

I also noticed that sometimes the bpm will change without warning and without me controlling it so that’s another issue

Restarting my chromebook doesnt help
restarting djay doesnt help
logging out and back into my djay and soundcloud accounts doesn’t help
I’ve checked my subscriptions and they are both paid for and up to date

please help

1 Like

4 posts were merged into an existing topic: djay pro w/ soundcloud go+ ?? tracks AND playlists not loading!!?

Hi @notlenor,

Thanks for sharing your issue. We’re sorry to see this happening.

We have seen similar accounts of this issue in which some tracks are playable, and others are not even on the same device, whether you’re using the free or paid versions of SoundCloud, playing via an official app, the website, or even djay.

We believe this is because licensing agreements differ among artists, music rights holders, and regions.

Please let us know if you find any other updates to this issue so that our teams can look into this further.

Thanks!