Hey DJay Team!
Sadly you will have to stop your great integration of Spotify. This was a unique selling feature for DJay on iOS! No other app has that!
So I migrated my playlists to soundcloud as probably many other of your users. That worked well.
No I thoroughly tested your soundcloud integration. Here are some results:
Technically the integration is fine. Playlists are shown, loading and streaming tracks is fast.
But your soundcloud UI in DJay is a mess! You really need to work on this! Do not use popups over popups of popups!
This is particularly evident in the soundcloud search in the Djay app:
Current behaviour of DJay on iOS iPad
- Open the track browser
- Click on soundcloud icon
- Click on search icon -> a popup opens (and even worse: This popup has a black background that cannot be distinguished between the black background of the track browser. So one doesn’t see the border of the popup)
- Click on the three dots next to a track in the search result -> another popup opens over the search result popup
- Show search results full screen in the track browser
- The search results also contians playlists: Make it possible to add a playlist from the search result to my own soundcloud library.
- Make it possible to like the currently playing track loaded into one of the DJay decks.
- Make it possible to jump to the currently playing track in the last opened playlist.
- Mark the currently playing track more prominent in the track browser.