SoundCloud search no song results

Just noticed this the other day, but when I search for a song from SoundCloud - it yields little results. It used to return many within the app, but now I’m luck to see a couple. All it will show now is ‘people’ or ‘playlists’.

Did SoundCloud end their partnership with DJ due to artist trademarks or copyrights?

I’m running an older IPad Air, but it’s updated to the latest version and it’s compatible with the DJ app. Also, the same issue is present on the iPhone app. Very little results from SoundCloud

1 Like

Perhaps something has changed at/in SoundCloud?
Have you tried logging out and then back in to SoundCloud in djay?

1 Like

Happens to me as well, as of last month I believe

@James_Van_Pelt unfortunately, I no longer have a SoundCloud subscription so I can’t check this myself. However, I agree with @heysoundude that SoundCloud may have made some adjustments on their end since there haven’t been any recent djay updates.

1. I recommend logging out of SoundCloud from within djay under Settings>Library at the bottom.
  2. Then close djay, reboot your device and log back into SoundCloud.

Thank you everyone. I’d tried those prior to posting, but will attempt again. It’s also possible in some cases it’s what I’m searching for.

I do feel the song specific song results are 5% of what they were a month ago, but I do notice that longer sets aren’t in the results at all. Specifically, I could search for ‘vocal deep house’ and I’d get returns in the song category where I could select a pre-made mix that was 2hrs long. Those type of returns along with let’s say Lane 8’s complete Sunrise are no longer coming up.

Yes, I realize I have the neural mix and could just blend/make my own but it was nice letting those who aren’t a weekend home basement bar DJ mix correctly.

1 Like

@James_Van_Pelt any update on this?

I updated and resynced account. Some results are better, but it appears all long pre-done DJ sets are now infused inside playlist results. No huge deal, just not the same as it was.

I still maintain the results on individual tracks are half of what they were.

1 Like

I noticed this too.

I did a little testing and it seems the SoundCloud search function in DJAY is by default only populating the tracks under the “SoundCloud Go + Tracks” instead of searching all of SoundCloud. I performed the same search on both the SoundCloud site and DJAY and the search results are vastly different - however if on the search on the SoundCloud website the “SoundCloud Go + Tracks” Filter on the left hand side is selected, the search results match what DJAY is searching. Unfortunately that filter diminishes the quality of the results and you won’t find the song you’re looking for. This seems to be happening on both the iOS and MacOS platform. I’ve reached out to their support and provided screenshots - Hopefully they get on this one soon.

1 Like

Wow. Great work. And yes, they do need to change this or at least give us the option of how it’s filtered. Maybe it’s by design as many are using it professionally while others like me are just for home use.

Thanks for the update and it will be interesting to hear what they say.

2 Likes

Thanks for the additional information @James_Van_Pelt and @Jay4. I have forwarded this onto our dev team as well so they can look into it further.

1 Like

I’m new to this community, so I don’t know if this thread is dead already, but I have the same problem!
I can see my Soundcloud Playlists with all the tracks, but only like 5 percent of the songs are playable, the others are in a lighter grey. First I thought it were only the Go±Songs, but it seemingly doesn’t matter.

This issue is unfortunately still happening. I’ve reached out to their support but it’s been useless. Not even with the new update they released

Can you please provide an update on this; Support has been useless on this matter

Hello everyone. Sorry for the late response. I have followed up with the engineering team on this and will report back here when I have any news. Thanks for your patience.

I did a little testing and it seems the SoundCloud search function in DJAY is by default only populating the tracks under the “SoundCloud Go + Tracks” instead of searching all of SoundCloud. I performed the same search on both the SoundCloud site and DJAY and the search results are vastly different - however if on the search on the SoundCloud website the “SoundCloud Go + Tracks” Filter on the left hand side is selected, the search results match what DJAY is searching. Unfortunately that filter diminishes the quality of the results and you won’t find the song you’re looking for. This seems to be happening on both the iOS and MacOS platform.

I’ve reached out to their support team but no response or fix on this yet. Hoping to see if anyone out here has a workaround for this.

There is a lot of control in soundcloud how you would like to share your tracks.

See details

and

So I’m in control how my track is used.

I’m suspecting that with the “Enable app plaback” , I will control if the track can be used in dj apps.

So this means, the search & playback results are different on each platform.

1 Like

Hello everyone,

I checked with the engineering team and this is what I’ve been told:

1. SoundCloud search returns the first 100 results grouped by category (e.g. Track, Artist, Album, Playlist etc.)
  2. If the first 100 results are grouped by a single category such as “Track” then SoundCloud’s search likely wont show the next category being Artist, Album, Playlist, etc since there is never a 101st search result.
  3. SoundCloud decides what the most important results should be in that first batch of 100 and SoundCloud Go+ tracks may affect this level of importance.

In short, this is being driven by SoundCloud and outside of Algoriddim’s control.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Whenever I try to search a song on Soundcloud inside of djay pro, i only find Soundcloud GO+ songs. It doesn’t show me the entire catalogue. Does anyone else have this problem?

• Device model: Macbook M1
  • Version of operating system: MacOS Sonoma 14.3
  • Version of djay: 5.1.2
  • Hardware/controllers used: Pioneer DDJ-400
1 Like

Hi @William_Lambert, I’ve merged your topic with this existing one. Please see the post above for an explanation of how SoundCloud limits searches.