Spin 2 cueing headphone not synchronized

I just got a spin 2 at the apple store. The cueing headphone output is not synchronized with the main output.

For example, I’m playing a song on the left turntable with the output through the RCA ports to powered speakers. I cue the left turntable at the same time and listen through the headphones connected to the front of the spin 2. The audio through the headphones is slightly ahead of the main output audio.

It is impossible to mix with the unsynchronized headphone cueing.

Can anyone suggest what is wrong?

Did you guys ever get a FIX for this problem? I’m running into the same thing.

Thanks

So from what I understand, there’s a sound card in the Spin and a sound card in your computer. If you’re pre-cuing from the sound card on your spin and playing from the sound card on your comp it’s starts to un-sync because you’re using 2 different sound cards. The easiest solution for is to use the RCA in and plug your out source directly into a receiver or speaker bypassing having to use the computer’s sound card. This worked for me at least.

Hi Daniel,

Which app version are you using - iPad, iPhone or Mac? Also as an experiment, please try the following:

• switch the channels for main and pre-cueing output

Where is the delay in this case?

• Do you have other speakers/headphones that you can connect to the main output of the Spin 2? If yes, please also try if the delay also occurs with other speakers.

Do you have a Mac, iPad or iPhone? What is your Devices setup?

If anyone is still experiencing this issue with the Spin 2 and djay for Mac, please try the following as an experiment:

• open the “Audio MIDI Setup” app
  • select “Show Audio Window” from the “Window” menu
  • select “Aggregate Audio Device” on the left

Now, you should see the aggregated devices on the right, e.g. Spin 2 and Built-in.
Try enabling “Drift” for the devices and see if this helps.

You can also try selecting a different Clock Source.

Thank you for your attention, Warren.

I’ve now tried several configurations. In all cases I’m playing song on left platter. Djay is set with fader all the way to left, cueing from left platter only.

The audio from the main and cueing output should be exactly synchronized no matter what device is generating the audio.

When I write “speakers” I mean a Yamaha YSP-3000.

The main audio lags behind the cueing audio in the following configurations

djay running on mac mini with no Spin 2

main: mac HDMI, cueing: mac headphone
main: mac headphone, cueing: mac HDMI

djay running on mac mini with spin 2 connected by USB
headphones on spin 2, cueing set to channel 3-4

With main set to any of the following outputs the main lagged behind the cueing headphones

mac HDMI to speakers
vestax RCA to speakers
vestax RCA to an LG TV

Following configurations use djay on an ipad on the spin 2, cueing using headphones on vestax cueing output

main lagged behind

main: RCA from vestax to speakers
main: RCA from vestax to TV

The only configuration in which the cueing and main output were synchronized was

djay on Ipad on Spin 2
Cueing output to vestax cueing headphones
Main output to ipad’s headphone output.

Thank you for your attention, Warren.

I’ve now tried several configurations. In all cases I’m playing song on left platter. Djay is set with fader all the way to left, cueing from left platter only.

The audio from the main and cueing output should be exactly synchronized no matter what device is generating the audio.

When I write “speakers” I mean a Yamaha YSP-3000.

The main audio lags behind the cueing audio in the following configurations

djay running on mac mini with no Spin 2

main: mac HDMI, cueing: mac headphone
main: mac headphone, cueing: mac HDMI

djay running on mac mini with spin 2 connected by USB
headphones on spin 2, cueing set to channel 3-4

With main set to any of the following outputs the main lagged behind the cueing headphones

mac HDMI to speakers
vestax RCA to speakers
vestax RCA to an LG TV

Following configurations use djay on an ipad on the spin 2, cueing using headphones on vestax cueing output

main lagged behind

main: RCA from vestax to speakers
main: RCA from vestax to TV

The only configuration in which the cueing and main output were synchronized was

djay on Ipad on Spin 2
Cueing output to vestax cueing headphones
Main output to ipad’s headphone output.

ok, i’m getting delay problems too… my headphones go behind the main audio output. i’m using built in output, and vestax 2 to fort the headphones… it seems no matter what combination you try, i get the same problem!!! - i’m using a new iMac… and the latest update of djay. (no point using direct line out from spin 2 as the sound is so low in volume) tried also selecting channel 3/4 1/2 for headphones, it only works on one. before, i had distortion, now thats fine, just the delay to fix. i actually regret spending the £200 on the device. however, i would like it to work! The Vestax spin 1 works perfect on the all settings. Hope u can help :slight_smile:

No Mate, never got this problem sorted out at all… in fact i sold my vestax spin 2. wasted money buying it… you shouldn’t have to mess about with settings. i tried everything i was told, and in the end it never worked, or if it did not for long. I’m still using the spin 1 - would like to maybe buy another controller another day, but if there is no software updates or compatibility, it would be a complete waste of time and certainly money to do so. (the vestal spin 2 worked with the iPad) just a shame the djay software on the mac has seen to be forgotten about. its a real shame.

im getting delay from headphones to main output, Ipad Air HDMI adapter to AVR headphones direct into iPad???