Split Screen on 2 monitors/devices or link Mac and iOS version

Hi, to fully replace rekordbox with DJay Pro a helpful option would be to use Djay Pro on two monitors for the same session.

My hardware is Pioneer CDJ 2000 NXS and DJM 900 NXS, so I‘m using DJay Pro on a MacBook for a smoother integration (instead of using it directly on a iPad with midi mapping). But the disadvantage, I don‘t like to look on a laptop screen while mixing.

So it would be nice to use a iPad (or a small screen like in the attached reel) as screen only for waveforms.

Would it be possible to split the GUI into two screens like in rekordbox? Or at least make it possible to minimize (fully hide) the library on the desktop version like in the iPad version, so I could mirror the laptop screen to the iPad?

Or another possible solution. If I open iOS version and Mac Version in the same network, I can link MacBook and iOS and use both devices for the same session.

Great idea.
Before I was buying a controller I desperately tried to find a solution to use the iPad “as a controller” for my MacBook, leveraging additional touch capabilities.

Having two displays would certainly help in some situations. Also being able to link multiple devices to control various parts independently could be a blaze. E.g. having the neural mix faders on a separate display with touch capacity…

Thanks for the suggestion @Christian_N. I have forwarded this to the dev team for consideration.

You should check out the software called TouchOSC. I used it in combination with midimittr to make my own personal iPad remote for Mac and also an iPhone remote for iPad. Note these are not Algoriddim official solutions, just something I put together on my own time for my own use.

2 Likes