'Standard' FX - Trans, Roll, V.Brake

So perhaps this is a dumb question, but where are the ‘standard’ FX options available in other software, like Trans, Roll, V.Brake, etc?

Are they just named something whacky, or are they really not there at all? Is there a way to add them? As a beginner, trying to follow some mix tutorials, these come up time and time again, and yet I can see no way to actually use them in Djay Pro. Perhaps I’m missing something?!

Hi @Siyfion,

1. I’m pretty sure the Transformer FX is basically the same as Gate. This is found in the top of the Audio FX Essential section.

2. Roll FX can either be performed using Bounce Loops or with the Looper FX found in the Sugar Bytes Juggle section.

3. Vinyl Brake can actually be set to your Play/Pause button by going to your djay Settings>General>PLAY/PAUSE> and adjusting the Stop Time. I personally like 0.7 Seconds.

4. Alternatively, you can use the Instant FX and assigned Vinyl Stop 1 to one of the pads which is found in the Noise & Sweep section of the Instant FX.

I hope that helps!

3 Likes

@Slak_Jaw @NathanielAlgo
You guys are really doing a great job. We take it for granted, but it shouldn’t be. There are bigger companies like Pioneer etc. that have such bad service. That’s why I wanted to praise you again for responding so quickly and also helping with guides etc. Hats off, you’re really cool!

2 Likes

And I too - just want to echo @DJKamyR - this was an incredible answer, quickly delivered, with context and empathy. Thank you (again!) @Slak_Jaw - you’ve just made this beginner’s journey a lot, lot, lot easier. :heart:

@Slak_Jaw In the future, is it possible to make these FX presets customizable? Or save presets of our own. Like, how much of a reverb to use on a preset pad FX, or if I want a “gate 1/2” instead of 'gate 1/4" will I be able to do that? Anyway, make a custom instant FX and save it as a preset - woudn’t this be a great feature for the future? :slight_smile: Could you make a suggestion?

Thanks for the positive feedback @DJKamyR and @Siyfion. It’s always appreciated! Happy to help as usual.

Hi @Akrilovy, I recommend that you create a new Suggestion topic for this and clearly outline your ideas - ideally with some screenshots. Then others users can upvote it and I can share it with the devs. Thanks.

4 Likes