I use the auto mix extensively for parties, since I don’t want to be stuck DJing my own party. I will make a mix of many hours of music, and I like to preview certain sections to see how the songs flow together; however, the auto mix can only be played on shuffle or started from the beginning. If you manually load a song, the automix will then go back to the first song in the playlist. Also, sometimes during a party I want to skip to a more danceable section of the playlist; this is not possible because it will continue to play the songs in order no matter which song you load manually. The automix should work just like iTunes; when you have the shuffle off you should be able to start the playlist from any point and it should continue the playlist from that point.
djay 2.2.2 is out!
Thank you for your continued feedback. Over the past months we have been hard at work improving almost every aspect about djay 2 in this free update for you, most notably:
• Sound: added audio limiter, no more distortion no matter how much you turn up the bass, filter, effects, etc. (turn on/off in Settings > Advanced)
• Effects: fixed volume drop
• Key detection: added setting to turn harmonic match on/off (Settings > Audio Analysis)
• Automix: many improvements including the option to select albums, to only use songs from queue, or to use current playlist selection in library as the source (e.g. history, artists, genres, etc.)
• Queue: added setting to keep songs in the queue after they are played (Settings > Library)
• New gesture: swipe down the load button to automatically play the next track from your current playlist selection
• Enhanced song loading menu: available using tap-and-hold on load button
• iDJ Pro: added firmware upgrade that fixes channel swap issue and improves compatibility with iOS 7
• Various bugfixes and performance improvements
Thank you for using djay 2, please support us by rating the app with every update. We are looking forward to your feedback!
Your Algoriddim team
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled
i use and love djay for ipad.
I have a question.
I’m love to use automix with standart transmission.
I have very big playlist (disco,deephouse,…) with hundreds of songs. but when I want to start, for example, my mix at number 150 from this playlist, I can’t use the automating transmission because the next song djay choose is number 1, not number 151.
how can I workaround it or is there any chance you fix my problem?
chris (munich, germany)
Hi Ian Morris,
we are sorry to tell you but the turning off shuffle with Android is a feature we can not support at the moment.
I made up a song list and queued it to the order i wanted. But it went from song 1 to 20 then back. Totally disappointed that i had to keep looking to see if my songs were going to be played as i queued them.
Totally agree with you. it does so much yet it won’t play in order of queue.
Sorry Guys. I worked it out. I just needed to turn off shuffle. All good.
How do you turn off shuffle (Android Version)
Super-dumb, but urgent question:
In Automix, playing in Shuffle Mode, how do I see my Playlist and choose songs that I would like to play next? In DJay 1, it was an easy drag and drop process because my selected playlist was always visible at the bottom of the screen.