Static in headphones Reloop Buddy

Hello

I am using an ipad mini 5th generation with latest IOS update and I just downloaded and installed djay 3.8.

I hear significant static noise through my cue/headphones, although when a song is playing, it’s not noticeable. I initially unplugged everything, reset the app, and switched out my headphones and ipad power cable but it didn’t help. Then I noticed it happens whenever there is something happening on the ipad screen (which is always as the waveform moves on the screen) or when I am touching it. In the brief moments nothing is moving on screen, the static drops significantly.

If the ipad is not plugged to the controller, but the controller is connected to power, there is a very slight static tone I hear through the headphones

I don’t know. Is this an issue with the ipad or the Reloop Buddy controller?

1 Like

Hi @Yoshikuya,

Thanks for posting this question in our Community.

To me, this sounds like a hardware issue. I don’t think it’s possible that your iPad would be causing noise on the pre-cueing output of your controller. Have you tried reaching out to the Reloop Support team about this?

Let us know what they tell you. If you have any other questions about djay, please don’t hesitate to contact us again.

Cheers, G

Same issue here with Reloop Buddy. It is due to some internals and how they wire things out based on some research. What helps in my case is to plug in the ipad when it has a low battery. During the time when iPad also charges itself, the static is minimal. When it gets to fully charged, it gets the very awful static. Same applies to master out as well.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.