Strange sync behaviour with DJ Pro

I am using DJ Pro desktop app (5.1.3) on a MacBook Pro

I have 2 tracks. Dela Soul - The Magic Number, and Vanilla Ice - Ice, Ice, Baby. Their tempos are 121 and 116 so well within each others tempo zones.

The Magic Number is playing at 115.4 (-4.3%) and coming to the end so I sync Ice Ice Baby and it’s playing in sync at 115.4 (-0.3%) but at the very end of Magic Number (the last second or two) Ice Ice Baby Jumps up to a much faster tempo. I think it’s because maybe DJ Pro gets confused with the very end of Magic Number and detects it as suddenly going faster, when it’s not, and this pushes up the tempo of Ice, Ice Baby. Is there any way of avoiding this?

Your question:

No such problem here (on Windows). I can play TMN and bring in IIB. Nothing jumps.

Are you using Fluid Beatgrid? If you just play TMN on its own, does the BPM figure change at the end?

I have the same issue occasionally. With 2 streaming services, don’t use local tracks.
It happens when the ‘from’ track not properly stops, i.e. it stops playing, but the UI shows as if the track still plays, i.e. it does not return to track begin and the start button does not blink. After stopping the ‘from’ track manually, sync starts working properly again.

Edit: Also on macbook pro.

That’s a good point actually. I was playing local files.

@Sparkomatic were you streaming the music? If so, from where?

Yeah, it is also random as far as tracks are concerned, almost never the same 2 tracks and the same 2 tracks mix ok the next time.

OK, so TMN is running at 120.6 (0%) and at 5 seconds to go it jumps to 125.2 and then at 2 seconds to go to 131.9.

It must be fluid beat grid - it’s on by default. Can I get it to ignore the end?

Or, I have sync off on TMN and turn sync on on IIB to match the tempo, then can I turn sync off IIB so TMN syncs to IIB rather than IIB syncing to TMN.

I’m not using a streaming service, they are saved locally on my MacBook, after purchasing on iTunes or Apple Music store (whatever it’s called now).

quote:
OK, so TMN is running at 120.6 (0%) and at 5 seconds to go it jumps to 125.2 and then at 2 seconds to go to 131.9.

This is different from what I experienced, different issue.

@Sparkomatic That’s odd as my local file is the same tempo all the way through. You can try to edit the grid at the end, or try setting it to straight instead of fluid.

1 Like

Thanks for the input and suggestions @PKtheDJ!

@Sparkomatic and @Brainbox please refer to the linked FAQ article for tips on using the new beatgrid system on macOS: