Streaming videos to a Tv and using sound from mixer/speakers

In Djay Pro, I am wanting to stream the videos to my Tv while using my mixer and powered speakers. Basically, I don’t want the sound to come from TV. I am using an iPad, and I have an adapter with a HDMI port and a lightning charger port. I understand that I need an adapter with a 3rd port, but not sure which one. My normal DJ gigs I plug into my iPad with a splitter through the headphone port. ( Splitter has headphones and cable for mixer). Now I want that along with the video stream. Any help???

@bgoods62

1. I don’t have the same iPad model as you so I’m guessing a bit here, but it sounds like you have an older iPad with Lightning port and a headphone socket.
  2. The way iOS typically works is it uses the LAST device connected to it for audio.
  3. So, connect your iPad to your TV with your Lightning to HDMI adapter and also connect your iPad charger to the adapter.
  4. After confirming you have signal to the TV, connect your splitter cable as usual to your mixer via the iPad headphone socket.
  5. Now the video should be on the TV and audio to your mixer.
  6. If for some reason audio switches back to the TV, simply unplug the splitter cable from the iPad headphone socket and plug it in again.

@bgoods62 you should also be aware of the Control Center options available on iPad.

1. Swipe down from the Top Right of the iPad screen to open the menu.
  2. Then select the TV icon.
  3. In here you should see all of the connected audio options available to you. In my case my USB-C dock which has the HDMI connection and my Beats Bluetooth headphones.
  4. Simply select the device you want to use for audio output here.

@Slak_Jaw
Thanks for the info. I have a IPad 9th Gen. I will try that tonight after work.

@bgoods62 you’re welcome. Hope that helps.

@bgoods62 I’m curious to hear if that fixed your problem.

It turns out there are 2 different audio settings in the app. I had to have the main output to my headphones/mixer. The other one was for the HDMI port. As soon as I had them both synced up, it worked. Just noticed a slight delay in the sound, voices don’t exactly match up. Seems to be mainly on older videos. But it’s not too far off.

Glad to hear you got it working

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.