Support for DDJ 800?

Is there any future plan to release support for Pioneer DDJ 800?

Hi @djSahid, thanks for your message.

The DDJ-800 is already natively supported in djay Pro AI on Mac. You can see the full list of supported controllers and mixers on our website:

1 Like

@djSahid just note that there are some features of the Pioneer DJ DDJ-800 that are not fully supported by djay Pro AI:

• Some features are currently not supported on these controllers/mixers:
  • Pioneer DJ DDJ-800: jog wheel displays, Color FX except filter, Beat FX

Also note that the DDJ-800 is not supported on Windows, iOS or Android. It only works on macOS.

Just to add to what @Slak_Jaw has said, the DDJ 800 is only on Mac and not iOS or iPadOS as it’s not class compliant.

Meaning a driver will be required to use it on a Mac and the same driver can’t be installed on the other platforms.

Not Algoriddim’s doing, Pioneer didn’t add it to the hardware.

:+1:t2:

Any plan to add * Pioneer DJ DDJ-800: jog wheel displays, Color FX except filter, Beat FX support? I will be using a MacBook Pro.

I suspect adding jog wheel displays, Color FX and Beat FX support for the DDJ-800 is unlikely. This controller has been around since early 2019. There are a lot of newer devices that also don’t have display support like the Pioneer RX3, Denon Prime series and SC Live series. My intuition is that Algoriddim is more likely to be devoting resources to these first, but I could be wrong.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.