Support for the Mixars Primo (iOS)

I purchased this awesome controller in the Black Friday event. Although I have no intent to use the included Serato DJ Pro, it will be brilliant if Algoriddim can natively support this unit. In the meantime, I am happy to use Virtual DJ 2020 with its Deezer integration…

It’s a bit like the situation where I waited for months on end for the Numark NS6II to be released. By then Pioneer announced the DDJ-1000 and was immediately sold on it. Flogged the NS6II (at a huge loss), purchased the DDJ-1000 and shortly after, Algoriddim supported the Pioneer controller, but still hasn’t supported the NS6II to this day. So a good move on my behalf, really! The Mixars Primo is something I just want to take away with me, due to its compactness. A fantastic little controller indeed!

Is there any way you could send me the midi map file that you made…just picked up the controller today… and would greatly appreciate it.

I took the last couple hours to sit down and map the controller. I mapped all 4 decks, headphone cue is working, except that you need to set the proper channels within Algoriddim…for example my headphone cue is ch 9-10 while the main output is 1-2 on my MacBook Pro. As I don’t use windows I’m not sure if you have the option of setting this within Algoriddim for windows. I didn’t map a lot of the sampler and roll or slicer features, and the fx mappings are only set to banks 1 - 3 on decks 1 and 2. as I rarely use 4 deck mixing…I just mapped basic functions on decks 3-4.

I used my other officially supported controllers as a base to compare the settings…was really useful for getting the jog wheels mapped properly.

Here is the link to my mapping: https://www.dropbox.com/s/8xqvjayq2c8…

it should do the trick till Algoriddim officially supports the controller…by far the best 2 channel controller on the market for the price…been playin with it since it was delivered this morning.

2 Likes

One oddity I did notice is the pitch sliders for me I had to invert within Algoriddim not a big or functional deal more just a matter of preference as im used to up on the pitch fader slowing down tempo and down speeding it up.

Nice to see a dedicated group of users…hopefully someone can take my mapping and improve upon it, just made it quick so I could have some functionality that same night since I had a gig to get to lol… Algoriddim just updated the app hopefully next update we’ll have an official mapping.

this could be the best budget yet quality controller for djay pro. but when?

would be nice! thanks! im not giving up lol :}

1 Like

yea the homemade maps still are not working out, please make it official! or somewhat lol

i will even try to get ahold of mixars for you lol