Swipe Down on Musical Note to jump to next song (Like how DJay2 used to work) ??? iOS

Hey coffee_king,
It’s easier for me to choose a playlist in one of the other modes,
Classic, 2Decks etc… Sort by BPM etc…:
then choose AUTOMIX mode, your playlist will be there and in order of your selected SORT option.
Just hit the START.

I’m already in Classic Mode as you will see from my Screenshot in the original post.

Hi
Is there any update on this yet please?

Hi @coffee_king, Thanks for your patience and my apologies for the late reply to your post here.

I wanted to let you know with the latest update to djay Pro AI on iOS (3.8), the issue you shared with the Load Next/Eject options when using Automix should be fixed. Could you please update your app and let us know if you have any additional feedback about this.

Thanks again for your feedback and for your patience. Happy mixing! :headphones:

Hi
Sorry I must be quick here

1. Swipe down on musical note doesnt do anything.
  2. Holding down musical note and pressing Load Next does NOTHING
  3. Holding down musical note and pressing EJECT DOES goto the next song BUT the ejected songs are all just put back onto the end of the playlist AGAIN.

8 months gave gone by and this still hasn’t been sorted.
The current version 3.8.10 has not fixed any of the issues.
Please advise?

Hi @coffee_king,

Thanks for reaching out again. My apologies for not responding to your previous message on this thread. I’ll be happy to clarify.

1. Swipe down on the music note:
    The feature request you provided for wanting the swipe down behavior to act as it did in djay 2 has been noted and shared with our Development Team for future consideration. Please note that this doesn’t mean that it absolutely will be changed, but rather that our team will take your feedback into account for future updates to the app.
  2. Holding down music note and pressing Load Next does NOTHING:
    I wasn’t able to reproduce this behavior. When I hold down the music note and press Load Next - the next track is loaded onto the deck as expected. If you’re using the latest version of the app (3.8.10) and are experiencing this issue, please share a video of the problem so I can take a closer look into this.
  3. The Eject function sends the songs to the end of the playlist again:
    This was a bug in Automix, and it was fixed with the release of version 3.8 and later on djay for iOS. Please see the previously linked thread for more information, and make sure “Repeat” is turned off for the playlist you’re using for Automix.

I hope that helps! I look forward to your reply.

1. OK thanks but they said previously that they WOULD sort this for 3.8
  2. YouTube link here of how it is NOT working DJAY App Wont Load Next Song v3.8.10 iOS - YouTube As you will see there are songs left in the playlist to play.
  3. Where is “Repeat” please?

How do I skip the song that will play next on the opposite turntable and have it play the next song after it once the current turntable has finished playing using Automix?
Thanks

Hi there - just a quick note to let you know I moved your other thread to this already-existing thread as the same question is already discussed here. This will help us keep things organized!

Thanks for sharing your video of the problem in #2 above. Could you please tell me what djay version you are currently using? Were you given the special upgrade offer from djay 2? I just want to be sure that Automix is unlocked and working as it should for you since I noticed in your video most of the other modes in djay are still locked.

You can find the “Repeat” option in the Automix playlist options menu, which you can access by tapping the 3-dot icon next to the playlist name, as shown below:

Hi
The video shows what version of DJAY is being used if you watch it through.
Its 3.8.10
I don’t know if I was given a special upgrade or not but I purchased a previous version years ago.
I don’t really use this app for anything other than Automix

Repeat - Thanks for that I have now turned that off and songs aernt adding back on to the bottom anymore.

The only way to get to the next song is to hit EJECT.
Load Next doesn’t do anything at all when pressed as you will see from the video.

Thanks! Okay, then it looks like you did get the special offer for having previously purchased djay 2 if Automix is working properly for you in djay.

I’m glad turning off the Repeat option helped!

I’ve now been able to reproduce the issue where the “Load Next” option doesn’t seem to do anything, as you’ve shown in your video. Thanks again for sharing that! I’ve passed this along to our Development Team for further investigation, and I’ll keep this thread updated with news from our team.

How was it working for you BEFORE then please?

How do I skip the song that will play next on the opposite turntable and have it play the next song after it once the current turntable has finished playing using Automix?
Thanks

In 2-Deck mode, with automix playing, click the left-pointing arrow right below the right PLAY icon to display the automix library and the red “STOP AUTOMIX” label.
Below that you will see “Up Next” and the song loaded in deck.
Click on the song and you will have option to delete it from automix library (or play it).
Song will not appear in any deck throughout automix.

1 Like

I’m not sure how it was working before, but it seems this may be related to how you load songs on the decks or set up what playlist will be used by Automix prior to actually starting Automix. For example, if you were mixing on your own with a certain playlist and then in the middle of your set started Automix. Our team is investigating this behavior and I’ll keep this thread updated when I have more news.

For now, the workarounds for this would be the following:

1. Use the eject option from the long-press deck options in Classic Mode.
  2. Open the Automix playlist library, and manage your upcoming tracks/playlists from there.

Thanks, its a work around I guess but highly inelegant.

I have never heard a problem with it. I wouldn’t call it a “work-around” too, coz that’s the way it has always worked, and worked flawlessly for me.

“Another way” then. But which is simpler? Swipe down = 1 button press

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.