Sync automatically starts track playback

NOTE: Please use the search function above before posting to avoid creating duplicate topics.

• Device model (e.g. 2020 iPad Air 4th Gen):
  • Version of operating system (e.g. macOS 14.4.1):
  • Version of djay (e.g. 5.1.2):
  • Hardware/controllers used (e.g. Reloop Mixon 8 Pro):

Your question:

Hi all

Have an issue.

Seems pressing sync automatically starts the track playback

Using ipad 6th gen
Ios 16.5
Latest djay version

Any ideas?

Hi @Ben4, try navigating to the djay Settings>General and turning OFF Auto-Play When Moving Crossfader.

Also, make sure in Settings>General>SONG LOADING>, you have Start Playback turned OFF.

Hi slak

Both are already off

Thanks for confirming @Ben4. Can you please try to capture a short video of the issue, upload it to your Google Drive/Dropbox, enable sharing permissions, then share a link to the video here? I want to make sure I fully understand what’s going on here. Also, if you could share some screenshots of your djay Settings that would be helpful. Thanks!

@Ben4 please enable sharing permissions on the Google Drive file so I can open and view it.

Please let me know if it works now slak

If not try here on dropbox

Thanks for the video @Ben4. This is very helpful. First of all, I recommend you update your iOS to the latest version 17.6.1 if possible.

Then I suggest that you backup your djay Media Library database and any custom MIDI mappings, then uninstall djay, reboot your device, and reinstall the latest version of djay. You can find the files above in the following locations:

1. iOS: using the Files App, navigate to Locations->On My iPhone/iPad->djay->User Data
  2. macOS: https://help.algoriddim.com/hc/en-us/articles/360014912211-Where-does-djay-Pro-store-playlists-cue-points-and-other-data-on-my-Mac
  3. Windows: https://help.algoriddim.com/hc/en-us/articles/360014912131-Where-does-djay-Pro-store-cue-points-and-other-metadata
  4. Copy the files to a new location or external drive before uninstalling djay. After reinstallation, you can simply copy these files back to their original locations to maintain your Hot Cues, Saved Loops, My Collection Playlists, History and Queue.

Slak thanks for this detailed response

How do i backup custom midi mappings?

You’re welcome @Ben4. Simply copy them from the djay folder on your iPad to another location and then move them back after reinstalling djay.

Hi @Ben4, I’m just following up on this one. Did the fresh install correct your issue?

Hi @Slak_Jaw

I had a gig last night so was scared to do the reinstall yet but will try tomorrow and get back to you