Tempo soft takeover

I think tempo soft takeover can be optional it confuses me a lot while djing with djay Pro I’m used to controlling my tempo slide on the mixer without looking at the software I’m so confused I think tempo soft takeover should be an optional looking forward to a response

Yes it is optional.
Did you switch off tempo blend in crossfader fx?
Did you set your sync mode to sync only?
Mine blends. Don’t set as mine

My tempo blend is switched off and crossfader fx

This is my settings while djing with a connected controller my tempo slider on the controller doesn’t match with the software in sync and sometimes i won’t realize it while mixing if that happens my beatmatching goes awfully

In that case I didn’t get your issue well. Pictures or videos of the issue speak better.
I can only guess: that when moving your tempo slider the bpm does not change? If so, i get you and it’s normal. You just have to “pick it up” first (i,e, may have to move the slider in the opposite direction first till it reaches where the bpm is, picks it up, then it will begin to change the bpm as you go back)
Hopefully that’s the issue. If not, reply with explanatory pictures.

Yes that is the issue and it happens while in sync with DJ Pro but while I use Serato DJ Pro simple sync it doesn’t happen that way bcos anywhere my pitch slider is on my controller it picks up immediately while adjusting the tempo …is there a way i can make the tempo slider works like simple sync of Serato

1 Like

I agree. It’s one of the little annoyances I have with djay Pro.When you are mixing quickly, sometimes it can mess up your flow or ruin your timing.

Yes that so annoying i wish djay can have a simple sync option like serato and the wave form also should be easier to beat match via looking at d wave

Ua, am kinda used to it because i come from rekordbox which does exactly the same as djay

1 Like

I understand im coming from serato dj things are getting confused anyway in trying to learn to use it anyway but I would still appreciate it a lot if I could mix it like I was on Serato