The controller ddj ergo don't walk with the last djay or on iOS 8

Hi Paolo,

Please kindly provide a screenshot of the firmware version for your controller as described in the Update Guide for the DDJ-Ergo.

Paolo, please try the following:

1. quit djay for iPad (make sure it’s not running in the background)
  2. then connect your DDJ-Ergo to your iPad as described in the manual
  3. then open the iPad Settings and go to General > About
  4. scroll to the bottom

Is there an entry saying “Pioneer DDJ-Ergo”?

No worries, thanks for helping out - really appreciate it.

I don’t think this is an iOS 8 problem as a few users have had the same problem before on iOS 7. This is most likely a hardware problem with either the controller or the iPad.

Oh speaking of other users who had the same problem: as far as I can remember, it helped to use a powered external USB hub in between the controller and the iPad.

So, basically:

connect the powered USB hub to the iPad via the lightning to USB adapter

then connect the DDJ-Ergo to the USB hub

Hi,
if I may help,
the error message is saying that “the controller is requiring too much energy”.

Paolo,
are you using a djc-wecai cable ( http://pioneerdj.com/italian/products… ) with external additional power supply and a lightning to usb camera adapter…
or “just” a lightning to usb camera adapter and the standard ergo usb cable?

The latest firmware update can be downloaded from: http://pioneerdj.com/support/product…

(Se hai difficoltà a capirlo, dimmelo che te lo scrivo in italiano)

Il collegamento é connettore rosso collegato all’alimentatore?

E’ strano, io uso la stessa configurazione e tutto funziona: unica differenza, non ho ancora aggiornato l’ipad a IOS8…

Hi Warren,
sorry for posting in Italian but I wanted to help Paolo.
It seems we have a new issue with iOS 8 as I also use a ddj ergo (firmware 1.41) and ipad, not yet updated to iOS 8… and everything is working perfectly.
Please note thah Paolo’s controller connected to a Mac works without any problem.

On my “risk”, as I wanted anyway to update my Ipad to iOS 8, I’m going to update from 7.1.2 to 8.0.2, check what happens on my side and let you know…

Ciao Paolo,
ho aggiornato il mio ipad a iOS 8.0.2 e anche utilizzando il firmware 1.41 da me funziona tutto. Per il fatto che ti funziona solo il canale sinistro, come colleghi il sistema di amplificazione/le casse attive?

Hi Warren,
after the update to iOS 8.0.2, I do not face the issues reported by Paolo.

On the other hand, for your information, referring to the topics “imic not working after upgrade to iOS 8” and “djay 2.6.1 using USB sound with headphones”, also my imic does no longer work as precue or main output when the headphones are plugged to the ipad. It works only as main out if the headphones are not plugged to the ipad…

usi le uscite RCA (sbilanciate) o le TRS (bilanciate)?

Se le colleghi a un mixer su due RCA devi, per forza, usare le uscite “MASTER OUT 2” RCA della console. La lunghezza dei cavi di collegamento deve essere massimo 5 metri.