This topic will close a month after the last reply.

Why do you do this?

My experience, is you do a search, find something relevant, cannot contribute/advance the discussion. Worse though is when it concerns a feature request, you might see many different posts about a feature, non of which you can action. You go to Feature requests, struggle to find it, see there’s barely any upvotes in relation to comments on the subject, seems like there is a disconnect here.

All in all very time wasting and frustrating.

If there is no really good reason to close posts why not keep them open? Is there not a way to flag a post (even when closed) as associated with a feature request?

3 Likes

Thanks for bringing this up! You are so right about this @N_C.
I have the same opinion and experience here.

1 Like

Thanks for sharing this @N_C and @DJ_Big_Blender. This is a default setting in Discourse and not something that we implemented intentionally. We are looking to see if this can be adjusted. I’ll let you know what we find out…

1 Like

Thanks. Curious whether it can be changed.

1 Like

Hello @N_C and @DJ_Big_Blender, I’m happy to report that we were able to disable the automatic topic closing in Discourse. Please note that this only applies to new topics. So, please feel free to DM me to reopen any previously closed topics. Thanks!

1 Like

Thats great news @Slak_Jaw. Thanks for that!
Also thanks to @N_C for having this suggestion. This helps us all!

So I am guessing this one can be closed now :slight_smile:

1 Like

You’re welcome @DJ_Big_Blender

Result! Thank you @Slak_Jaw

1 Like

You’re welcome @N_C. Happy to help!