Tidal restrictions clarification with 5.15 Update

Just updated app to 5.15 and got Tidal DJ Extension. Stems / Neural Mix works great. So the big questions for me: the “mixing from different streaming services” restriction. I tested it out, playing a Beatsource track and then mixing in a Tidal track. No issues at all, which is great because it used to give you an error message and not even let you play the other deck. HOWEVER, when I went to add a Tidal track to a playlist with Beatsource tracks, I got the same message as before. So which is correct?

1. It’s working as intended and Tidal has (oddly) allowed us to mix tracks from different streaming sources, but we can’t have tracks from different streaming sources on the same My Collection playlist
  2. We are allowed to both mix tracks from different sources AND have different streaming source tracks on the same playlist BUT the error message I received was a bug and will be resolved.
  3. We are NOT allowed to either mix tracks from different streaming sources OR have different source tracks in the same playlist, and being able to mix tracks was a glitch that will be disabled soon.

Option 1 is a very strange place to draw the line, Option 2 is what I’m hoping is correct. Option 3 means I’m probably cancelling my Tidal subscription ASAP.

2 Likes

Good catch that. I get the same message. Hopefully this can be addressed.

1 Like

Despite the new update with Tidal stems coming back (yay!), we still cannot mix Tidal with other streaming services in playlists. Mixing between tracks works fine, so I don’t understand why this major limitation is still imposed.

Any explanation why this is the case?
Is it planned to change this?

Thanks!

3 Likes

Does anyone know if these restrictions also apply to serato or virtual DJ? Might help us understand whether it’s a Tidal restriction or just something Algoriddam over looked.

1 Like

I have VDJ and can confirm that there is no such restriction there. It is possible to add tracks from all streaming services including Tidal into one playlist. I just have tested it again with adding tracks from Tidal, Beatport, Beatsource and SoundCloud into one playlist and it worked fine.

2 Likes

Thank you. Just so we know it’s not a tidal restriction.

@Slak_Jaw can you take a look into this please.

2 Likes

The dev team is already looking into this…

2 Likes

Eggcellent. Thank you v much