Tidal won’t show bpm/key

Have just switched begrudgingly to tidal, but none of the songs show key/bpm until you load them once, unlike Spotify which shows it straight away when without loading.
This is incredibly frustrating, can we expect a fix? Makes tidal way less user friendly when looking for songs that match what’s playing.

1 Like

Well, have you considered that maybe Tidal metadata doesn’t have bpm or key info stored for the song? Can’t show info, if it can’t be fetched from tidal database.

I moved about 15000 songs during last couple of days and about 7000 doesn’t include bpm even less has key info. Currently analyzing them.

(using djpro2 for macbook)

Acatually it might be also a programming problem with Tidal api.

Top Priority  :

• the app gui must not be “jammed”/“freezed”
  • sofware needs to respond to your controller commands
  • to fully download the next song  before previous song has ended

I’ve been playing around with spotify api a little bit so… 
To get data of the songs in playlist I need to do 2 calls

1. get data of the playlist using
    https://developer.spotify.com/documentation/web-api/reference/playlists/get-playlists-tracks/

it will return a text data for the 100 songs:
the data for each song contains 

• artist name, artist id
  • track name, track id, song length, popularity, explicit
  1. To get detailed info of each track you need to do second query (maximum data is for 100 tracks per call)
    https://developer.spotify.com/documentation/web-api/reference/tracks/get-audio-features/
    which will return
  • duration, key, bpm, mode, time_signature 
    a lot of things which were not used by DjPro apps

So what I’m guessing is that
3) when we do a search in DjPro from Tidal (or any online service), we will get a “minimum info” for each song like artist name, track name, length to minimize the network traffic which needs to be done by the app.

1. When the track is actually loaded into the player it will do the second query to get additional info from the Tidal (or another online service) just for the selected track again to minimize the network traffic
  • bpm, key or any other data which will be needed to show to user
1 Like

:mega: We’re happy to share that the ability to pre-analyze entire playlists in the TIDAL library (analyzes BPM, key, beat grid, and waveforms) has been added in the latest versions of djay Pro AI for iOS (version 3.6.7), djay Pro AI for Mac (version 3.0.9), and djay Pro for Windows (version 1.0.27707.0).

Thanks to all of you for sharing your feedback and for your patience. Happy mixing. :headphones: