Tidal won't Load with other Streaming Services

This is yet just another reason to own your own music and not rely entirely on streaming services.

Music has never been cheaper and just about everything is available…

1 Like

Well, Tidal changed their terms & conditions and “ordered” Algoriddim to implement the new restrictions in the Djay app, which were released now as part of 5.0.

If you stay on 4.1.10 on the old iPad you can circumvent the restrictions, but you won’t get any new features and bug fixes.

The best way to “fix” this is probably to find another streaming provider, or stop using streaming altogether.

My Neural mix was working just fine this morning. Went back to use it a few hours later and now it says that “Neural mix can’t be used while streaming with tidal due to licensing agreement”. Anyone else having this issue? Are they switching to another streaming service again?

1 Like

Hi @Jitsumix22 I’m merging this post with an existing one. Unfortunately, Tidal has recently made more changes and now longer allows songs from other stream services to be played along side it. Please refer to the official statement in the other discussion above.

It’s time to get rid of Tidal for Deezer & Amazon, way too many limitations. DJay prides itself on mixing between streaming services. Having Tidal limits that and you now have to update your site to exclude Tidal from that benefit.

2 Likes

Please vote (click the button on top) here.

Local, self owned music FTW.
We just need the „match“ feature: "Match" does not work on my iPhone/iPad. v3.7.4 - #19 by koenigflo

It won’t be as long as many people think before we no longer (have to) have this discussion, because streaming has also become the standard in this area. This could well be music that you have bought yourself and is stored somewhere in the cloud. But the times in which significant amounts of data (have to) be stored locally on the devices used are coming to an end.

One would think so but if you look at recent developments (Spotify pulling out, now Tidal), driven by the licensors, the opposite seems true.

Sadly so. The paradox is I haven’t been using my owned classic tracks for years since the streaming services came up. Generating additional revenue for all involved.

1 Like

I hear you. I’ve just transferred 44000 tracks onto my iPad. It’s my Mobile DJ Collection lol.

Just noticed it tonight during a gig.
Tomorrow I will uninstall Tidal from all my devices and stop subscription

1 Like

This is so annoying. The only way is to play something from my files then only can I change the source.

1 Like

@RakanIam, please use the Search function before creating new topics. There is already another topic related to this discussion. Thanks!

As a hobbyist DJ, I wish the streaming services would figure out a DJ tier subscription.

The onus is on us to have the relevant music license to play in public, if needs be. So, they would rather put blocks in place to lose these extra streams for the artists, than enable us to play their music via these apps.

With Spotify seemingly the go-to music streaming service, I’ve always been curious about how many streams they lost from the DJ population when they ceased supporting all DJ apps.

Probably the number of DJs using Spotify was a microscopic percentage of their entire global user base, so they wouldn’t even notice.

As for licensing, the usual public performance license that venues hold does not cover streaming services (in the UK anyway).

Me too, but I don’t think there are nearly as many as many people think.

Like digital TV/video streaming services, we seem to be stuck in the dark ages with terms that haven’t kept up with the times.

@MarkyPancake It’s nothing to do with “the times”. Streaming services typically are for personal use only - not for commercial use. That’s why they’re excluded from the license.

Spotify for example has a separate, more expensive service designed for business use.

I’d guess that by far the most use of Tidal in DJAY (or whatever DJ software) is for personal use anyway.