Track metadata slow to audio hijack album art doesn't work

Using their streaming block and they say DJ Pro is one of their approved apps that send all metadata.
My experience after setting it up as in the manual, the album art doesn’t populate in a live Twitch streaming session. The track name and artist is slow to populate and sometimes after half of the following track has been playing. Is there Something I can do on the DJ Pro AI side of things?

Hi @David_Ellsworth1, I reached out to the engineering team and they said:

djay writes out the ~/Music/djay/djay Media Library.djayMediaLibrary/NowPlaying.txt as soon as the current track is added to the history. This is what Audio Hijack uses to update the info on their end, so it seems any delay in the info shown there must be on their end. Unless maybe the user uses external mixer mode and the history isn’t updated as expected for them.

This from Rogue Amoeba:

Hi David,

I appreciate the update and info from Algoriddim. I downloaded a trial of djay Pro AI to test against, opened the text file location their support folks referenced (using BBEdit, which reflects any underlying file changes instantly) and checked it against the Live Stream block behavior.

The underlying text file only had some basic info, compared to what was displayed in djay Pro AI:

Title:
Artist:
Album:
Time:

Since there’s no Artwork or ArtworkData line present, Audio Hijack has nothing there it can capture and display. So Algoriddim would need to implement that functionality within their app for Audio Hijack to support it.

If that text display rendering issue does come back, I’ll be interested to see what that looks like and if it’s something we can improve - let me know more about that.

Chris Barajas
Rogue Amoeba

Thanks for the info. I’ll share this with the engineering team to see what they have to say.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.