Track missing cue points when loaded from "My Collection"

I have a curious case of a few tracks where my version of them in “My Collection” is missing cue points but they do show up when I load them via “Music”. In the screenshot below, you can see that basically no metadata is applied to the track loaded from “My Collection”, on Deck 2. Any pointers as to what I can do to fix that?

Hi @djjoejoe,

That is definitely curious. :eyes: It would be really helpful if you could share 2-3 song files that you’re using in djay when this issue occurs. This will allow our team to try to reproduce the issue in order to investigate it further. Just drop the files here, and please let me know when you’ve done so.

Thanks in advance for the additional information!

Hey Emily, I’ve just uploaded three tracks where this happens:

Yaba Buluku (feat. Preck & Nelson Tivane).m4a
XO Tour Life (HH Dirty Mixshow).mp3

I want to add that I sometimes have issues with iCloud Sync: I sometimes add cue points on very bad internet on the subway (my phone shows Edge but most connections get dropped so I’m not reliable online). When I get back home, some of the tracks I changed do not have cue points transferred on other systems. While this is not directly related, it might still be relevant so I’m adding it here.

Hi @djjoejoe,

Thanks for uploading the tracks. We’re looking into why this might be happening, and I’ll keep you updated when I have more news.

As for the 2nd issue you’ve described with iCloud Sync not always transferring cue points, is this between an iOS device (when you’re on the subway) and a Mac then? And can you please confirm that the iCloud sync state in the djay app shows as active on both devices? You can find this in the “Advanced” settings in djay. Could you also confirm if the syncing of cue points works as expected other than the particular situation you described for when you are on very bad internet? Thanks in advance for the additional information.

It‘s mostly on the Mac side that iCloud syncing is erratic. iCloud status is active on all devices. Everything else works, the issue is limited to the weird behavior between „My Collection“ and „Music“, I just wanted to give additional context. :slight_smile:

Hey, I am currently facing the same issue. For me it happens with all the songs of a specific album. Here is one of the songs:

I downloaded this album for free from SmashTheClub. For songs I bought on Amazon the Cue Points have been there no matter if I loaded them from Music or My Collection.
Are there any new solutions to the problem?

Hi All,

Quick update - our Development Team is investigating this fully in order to come up with a proper solution to avoid this happening in the future. Thank you again for bringing it to our attention, and I’ll update this thread when any news is available.


Hi Everyone,

I just wanted to pop back in here to let you know about a possible temporary workaround for this issue (while our team is working on a more permanent solution), in case it might help you guys out.

You can try re-encoding the audio file, using an app like ‎To Audio Converter Lite on the App Store, and then reimport the file so that iTunes/Music and djay are referencing this converted file. I’ve tried this out with the audio files you shared, @djjoejoe, and that seemed to do the trick.

Again, this is a temporary workaround, and I’ll keep you updated when we have news of a more permanent fix for this. Thank you again for bringing this up!

1 Like