Track randomly pauses - RANE One

hi, ive been using the Rane one on djay pro on my Mac OS Sonoma and randomly track would pause half way through a track and wouldn’t start up again until I press play button. This has happen to me multiple times even if im using tidal or local files.

Hi @Temi_Siyanbola, when creating new topics, please do not forget to answer the questions in our template with specific details about your setup not just “iPad” or “Latest Version”. This helps all of our community moderators to provide the most effective support to users with the utmost efficiency. Thanks!

Device Model (ex. 2020 iPad Air 4th Gen):
Version of operating system (ex. iOS 17.3.1):
Version of djay (ex. 5.1.3):
Hardware/controllers used (ex. Reloop Ready):

MacBook Pro 2019
sonoman 14.5
djay pro 5.1.3
rane one

Thanks for the details. Are you using Automix when this happens or playing the tracks normally?

1 Like

automix isn’t on when playing my tracks

1 Like
  1. Are you running any other applications?
  2. Do you have Bluetooth enabled on your Mac?

@Temi_Siyanbola, this sounds similar to an issue that was fixed with the release of djay 5. To help our engineering team to replicate the issue, can you please try to capture a video of the issue, upload it to your Google Drive/Dropbox, enable sharing permissions, then share a link to the video here? Thanks!

1 Like

Thanks for the video @Temi_Siyanbola. I’ve shared all of this with the engineering team to see if they can replicate this on their end. If you can think of anything else that might be contributing to this, please feel free to share it here and I’ll pass it on. Thanks!

pressing the bpm button on the playlist

This is helpful. Thanks. So sorting the playlist by BPM using the track pad or mouse consistently causes the song to pause? Is it always the Left deck of does if happen with both decks?

it happens with both decks

@Slak_Jaw have they found a fix to this or a reason y its happening

Hi @Temi_Siyanbola, the team is still trying to replicate this issue. Can you confirm that the deck pausing only happens when you are interacting with a playlist? Or does this happen under other conditions as well. The more information we have to reproduce the issue the better. Thanks.

only when interacting with a playlist

Thanks for clarifying. The team has identified this specific issue and is working on a fix which will be included in an upcoming update (likely 5.2).

EDIT: Please note that this issue seems to be isolated to large playlists. So, if you can split your large playlists into multiple smaller ones that may help in the meantime. Thanks!

This happened to me last night at a gig. I’m using an I pad 10th gen with rane one. I have never experienced this problem until I put a large library on a hardrive. Some folders have 1000+ songs on them. When I would browse my library it would randomly pause my left side. It also quit recognizing my local files all together at one point causing 10 minutes worth of silence in the middle of my set unplugging and plugging in my hardrive and backup flash drive with no avail (it really killed the vibe). Luckily the person hosting the party gave me their wifi password so I can use tidal in the meantime. After mixing on tidal my local files came back. Mind you my ipad was recognizing my files but djay didn’t recognize them.

hi, I had this problem but I managed to fix it by making playlist smaller on my hardrive.

hope it helps

1 Like

Hi @justjohn, please refer to my post above:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.