Tracks Going Off Beat Grid

Hello,

I use djay pro 2 on my MacBook and I have never had any issues with the software until I started learning how to mix by ear as opposed to mixing by visually seeing the beat grid and making adjustments without hearing the incoming track. I now mix using the vinyl feature which allows me to mix and not be tempted to look at my screen and to depend on my hearing to beat match. However, I have noticed that every time I mix I m always finding myself having to adjust the jogwheel even though I have perfectly beat matched the tracks. I know that is not due to a problem with the actual bpm of the tracks as I have double checked to make sure tracks I play are the correct bpm and if they are not then I adjust them and still have the same issue. To further prove my point, I record my mixes with my phone using an irig and when I watch it back I find that I am always having to touch the jogwheel and move it to the right for example numerous times as the two tracks gradually start to clang. If I notice it during my mixes, I will turn vinyl mode off and see that the beat grid is ever so slightly going off the lines and increasing gradually over time. It is not a groundbreaking bug but even just slightly going off the lines can have a big impact on transitions and mixes etc. I do not have this issue using cdj’s or other software but it seems to me this is a bug only in djay. If anyone has experienced this or knows a solution then feel free to let me know but this has been really bugging me for a while and I would love to get it solved. (This has happened on nearly every version of djay that I have had so it doesn’t seem to have been fixed as of yet). Thank you.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.