Tracks skipping?

Just downloaded Djay, using OSX 10.7.5, Macbook pro, 2.53ghz Intel Core Duo. Most of the time it’s been working great, but a few times using it last night during my show it skipped. It actually sounded just like when my cd players skip, where it just pauses for a second and starts again.

The only other programs that were running were Safari and iTunes. No internet connection, so Safari wasn’t actually doing anything.

Most of the music was playing off of a firewire external hard drive

Hi Mike,

We’ve had several similar reports related with external hard drives (mostly firewire). We are currently investigating this issue.

Which external hard drive do you have?

In the meantime, please try if the same thing happens on songs stored on your Mac’s internal hd.

thanks!

Are you also using an external HD?

Hi Rain,

Have you tried pre-analyzing your library? Also recommend repairing your disk permissions via “Disk Utility” app.

Interesting, thanks for posting this. I’ll pass it on internally for investigation. In the meantime, please do try another USB audio interface and see if the same problem occurs.

That’s great to hear!

Please try if the same problem occurs when you just use songs that are stored on your Mac’s internal SSD.

Interesting, so far we’ve only heard this from users who are using an external HD. Did you just recently change your internal HD? One thing you can try is to repair disk permissions via the “Disk Utility” app.

Problem reported over a YEAR ago… Warren replied “we are looking into it”.

That was A YEAR AGO!!!

Great customer support, huh? Geesh!

I am of the opinion that this program has memory leaks. That would explain the sound cutting out and also the video cutting out as well.

This needs the highest priority Lukas!

Update

At the last 2 weeks with Sierra upgrade i have no skipping anymore!
But i can’t export my set to pdf file and import the playlist to Itunes.
Every time i press save, djay not responding and i have to force quit.
the console msgs is

“rejecting read of { org.cups.PrintingPrefs, CharlesBukowski, kCFPreferencesAnyHost, /Users/CharlesBukowski/Library/Containers/com.algoriddim.djay3/Data, managed: 0 } from process 1975 because accessing preferences outside an application’s container requires user-preference-read or file-read-data sandbox access”

" Failed to read values in CFPrefsPlistSource (Domain: org.cups.PrintingPrefs, User: kCFPreferencesCurrentUser, ByHost: No, Container: (null)): accessing preferences outside an application’s container requires user-preference-read or file-read-data sandbox access, detaching from cfprefsd"

Any idea?

Update

At the last 3 weeks with Sierra upgrade i have no skipping anymore!
But i can’t export my set to pdf file and import the playlist to Itunes.
Every time i press save, djay not responding and i have to force quit.
the console msgs is

“rejecting read of { org.cups.PrintingPrefs, CharlesBukowski, kCFPreferencesAnyHost, /Users/CharlesBukowski/Library/Containers/com.algoriddim.djay3/Data, managed: 0 } from process 1975 because accessing preferences outside an application’s container requires user-preference-read or file-read-data sandbox access”

" Failed to read values in CFPrefsPlistSource (Domain: org.cups.PrintingPrefs, User: kCFPreferencesCurrentUser, ByHost: No, Container: (null)): accessing preferences outside an application’s container requires user-preference-read or file-read-data sandbox access, detaching from cfprefsd"

Any idea?

Hello

Problem solved… With patience…
After pressing “save” i have to wait about 3 or 4min and it exports my pdf list / itunes

Lacie Rugged FW/USB3 500 MB

Any updates on this from you guys?

Still happening. I’ve tried stripping my system down to run only DJay and nesc. system routines, but no change. It does only seem to happen in Automix, so I’m wondering if it may be an issue with that feature?

No obvious issues in terms of system being overworked, no obvious things all the files that skip have in common.

No difference in Firewire vs USB mode either FYI

Hello , I have the same problem and i have all the library on intyernal hard drive! Please let me know

Hello , I have this problem too . When I play a song sometimes it pauses for 2/3 seconds and then starts again…it’s not a good thing during the show in the club. I have my library on external HD , Packard Bell GO 500 GB. Please solve this problem. Thank you !!!