Traktor s3 and iOS

Hi there does the Traktor s3 work with iPhone or just iPad?

According to the Algoriddim compatibility chart the Traktor Kontrol S3 is compatible with the MacOS and the iOS versions of djay. They do not distinguish between iPad and iPhone. DJ Controllers, DJ Mixers and other DJ Accessories | Algoriddim

However, to get the best experience with Neural Mix you’ll want to have a modern iOS device with the Bionic chipsets. So at least an iPhone XS or SE 2nd gen.

2 Likes

Great, thanks for this. I may need to update firmware first as it’s new. :sunglasses:

1 Like

Not to disappoint you but to use S3 with Traktor (Pro) or to use S3 as MIDI controller with any other software is a complete different story. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I don’t think it’s a bad implementation, I can live with it. Can a mic be added? I can add to my speaker so that’s an option.

1 Like

It’s not about a bad implementation. You must try it by yourself. If you have a S3 you already know how It feels with Traktor and are able to compare. Maybe for you it feels ok. A connected Mic will be fine. S3 is acting like a class compliant audio interface so you can use it with no matter what and have the inputs and outputs of the device.

1 Like

I have tried for myself which is why I said “ not a bad implementation” S3 for me is a back up portable unit that I can take with me. Having djay pro gives me another option that is all. I prefer Traktor but djay pro is good too with its vast feature set.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.