Traktor Z2 Mixer with DJay Pro and iPad

I am wondering if someone can help explain how I could connect my Traktor Z2 to my iPad so that I can run Djay Pro? I have a DVS system (Traktor already) but love the idea of having my music playing from my iPad. I just don’t know if it is supported or not and how I would make the connection between my mixer and the iPad.

Any help would be appreciated.

@artw0rk if you have a newer iPad with USB-C connection, you can use a USB-C to B cable like this:

If you have an older iPad with the Lightning connector, you’ll need an Apple Camera Connection Kit:

1 Like

so the USB on the mixer will be able to interface with DJay directly?

Yeah, assuming the Traktor Z2 is compatible with Djay on iOS. I don’t have one so I can’t confirm. I would check the Algoriddim website to confirm compatibility and also the NI website to confirm that the Z2 is USB class compliant. Given that you already have a Z2, it’s not a big investment or risk to get the cables to test it yourself though.

This might be helpful. Different iPad DJing app, but it sounds promising.

It looks like the Z2 isn’t pre-mapped for Djay so you’ll likely need to MIDI map it yourself.

Only the Z2’s audio card is recognized by the iPad. The Midi part doesn’t work because it depends on Native Instruments’ own “Controller Manager”, which is not compatible for iOs. So you can use the Z2 on Djay in External Mixer mode and without Midi commands, just audio inputs and outputs. Possibly DVS will work choosing inputs 1&2 - 3&4 or 5&6 - 7&8 … There may be a difference between Phono and Line in the inputs. If Native did something to allow the Midi part of their older controllers to be used in iOs, controllers like the X1 Mk2 and F1 would be awesome to use with Djay Pro.

1 Like

Hi @artw0rk,

Thanks for posting to the community for the first time!

Due to the fact that the Traktor Kontrol Z2 requires drivers, it will not be natively supported on djay for iOS.

Sorry for the inconvenience. Have a nice day!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.